Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 44...Homemade Tortilla Chips

Today was a nice relaxing day. So relaxing that it made me even more tired. :) As you know, the house is being painted, however, I was able to sneak out since the dogs seem to be getting more and more used to the painters. I've also found that if I keep them gated in the kitchen/family room/garage, that they are less nervous about having the painters around. They see less of them moving around outside and are less protective, I think. Also, I have been able to work on some desensitizing techniques with the door bell. Every time the painters take a break they ring my door bell to let me know that I can let the dogs go in the backyard for a potty break. I haven't been going to the door when they ring it, because it is just a signal to me. I am hoping that my lack of response will help them to reduce their anxiety when the doorbell rings later. Wow, I really went off on a tangent there! Can you tell I am going to school to be a dog trainer? I still have a long way to go, but I am learning.

Now back to my relaxing day. I snuck out of the house and had lunch with Lisa and her friend, Faith. It was a pleasant day talking about our families. I loved it. We meet at Telly's in Castaic and everyone ate something different. I had their turkey cobb salad with ranch dressing and passion fruit iced tea. I was shocked that every one of the bites of salad were yummy and crunchy. After I left Telly's I went to Foster's Freeze. I got ice cream for the family and a small vanilla ice cream with triple berries on top. It was really good and bad for me, but not as bad as I could have been with this sweet tooth. Speaking of my sweet tooth, I did have 2 of Mackenzie's GF brownies last night while I watched The Bachelorette. #TeamJosh

After I got home and enjoyed my ice cream, I knew I had to start thinking about dinner. Since I've been addicted to tortilla chips and Mexican food lately, I decided to make some homemade tortilla chips. I cut the pack of corn tortilla chips into quarters and heated up some corn oil in my iron skillet. If you don't have an iron skillet, get one! It is great and really cooks your food evenly.



I made carne asada nachos with my homemade tortilla chips.


I truly think I am addicted to Mexican food. I could eat it and cook it every day. I love it. Everything about it. I was super tired today. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I threw up my vitamins? Note to self: Don't take vitamins on an empty stomach! Coffee is still an empty stomach. After my flash of nausea, I ate a little bit of cheddar cheese and a banana. The banana helped me so I could go about my day.

That's about all for now. Not a whole lot of food today, but it was a good day. I hope you all had a great day too with great people that brighten your life. You deserve it!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment