Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 30...This Month Went By Fast!

I cannot believe that I have been blogging and clean eating for a month. 30 Days! Wow! It makes me feel so accomplished, but also so new and inexperienced. I know this is something I can do for a long time. My family is worth it and so am I.

As promised, I woke up this morning and made breakfast. My boy and I had eggs. I actually made some toast (not GF) for him with fried eggs on top. I had 2 fried eggs with cottage cheese, tomatoes and avocados with my eggs. Of course, coffee was served with my breakfast.

Today was the day for me to get my hair did. It was very much needed. My hair was getting sparkly and not a cute, "let's add some fun to your hair" sparkly...it was all about being old. I don't like that. I'm not ready for it. I decided to spruce it up too. I chopped 4 inches off of my already shoulder length hair and am really trying to embrace my natural curls.

This made makes me laugh because it looks like a mugshot
Have I been watching too much Orange is the New Black?  Probably!

OK, this is better. I'm not a criminal. 

Once I got myself together after enjoying a hair cut and color (it is always so relaxing) and finished pigging out on some of TJ's pre-popped movie popcorn, I figured it was time to start making dinner. It was such a hot day, perfect for a nice cool salad. I made a nice Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing. I added chopped chicken breast to make it more of a meal for us. It was really filling and refreshing. This salad is a keeper and will be made again. Super easy and perfect for a summer night. 

Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing

That's about it for tonight.  I might make a fruit smoothie to end the night, but chances are I will be too lazy to do anything else. I really want to make something sweet like a cake or brownies (GF, of course), but I will have to figure it out and see if I have the ingredients and energy to make that happen. I hope you are all staying cool. Have a great rest of the night!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment