Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 34...Not The Best Day

I woke up this morning especially tired. I poured myself some coffee and sat down to watch some TV with my baby girl. Big mistake because very quickly Mackenzie wanted me to make some breakfast for everyone. I finally got off my tush and started sautéing some onions, scallions, red bell pepper, sliced garlic and mushrooms. As those were cooking down, I cracked some eggs in a bowl. As I was breaking the eggs, I noticed 2 yolks were coming out of each egg. Wow! As I was whisking the eggs, I added some Old Bay seasoning. After all was cooked, I added some shredded cheddar cheese and let it sit while I cut up some avocado and spooned out some cottage cheese for each plate.

I though the breakfast was tasty and Brian liked it too, but Mackenzie didn't like the Old Bay Seasoning added. :( She just ate the cottage cheese and avocado. The plate I made for Mikey is still in the microwave.

Mackenzie and I decided that we needed to get some work clothes for her since she is starting some volunteer work at SoCal Physical Therapy on Monday. Work pants and polos are the attire.

After we ran some errands, we went to Las Rocas in Castaic and had some chips and salsa as well as crunchy tacos with rice and beans. It seems that whenever I have a cheat day I eat crunchy tacos with rice and beans. I am such a creature of habit.

Lunch was good and very filling. After lunch we went back home and I started on some chores. Fun fun fun! Not my favorite thing. I do not feel like I am a very good house cleaner. I would much rather nap. That is my downfall, I like to nap. Oh well.

After chores were done, Brian ordered Ameci's gluten-free pizza. I wasn't going to eat any, but after I had some dehydrated mangos, I realized that I wanted some. I am really glad that I did. I really liked it, it is a very thin crust pizza. I ate more than I should have, but it was GOOD.

That's it! That's all I had to eat today. I drank iced tea and water all day and ate food that wasn't cooked by me and was not the best for me, but I did it. I ate it. Tomorrow will be a better day.  I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of any food today either. So, instead of food, I am attaching a picture of my Spencer. I love him!

Spencer likes naps too.  He looks so sleepy here!


What did you eat today? Were you on track or having a cheat day like me? I hope you had a great day regardless of the path you took in your healthy eating journey. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment