Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 25...He Asked, "Is There More?"

I feel like I drove the "Newhall Ranch" circuit all day today. First, I took Mikey to the orthodontist and home. Later, I drove him to the Ice Station to dropped him off only to drive back to pick him up 2 hours later. I was happy to have him out of the house with his friends.

Coffee, macadamia nuts, dehydrated pineapple and leftover greek salad were my snacks throughout the day. Pretty simple. I just picked all day long. After I dropped Mikey off at the Ice Station, I started prepping dinner.

Tonight, I made pan sautéed salmon (salt, pepper, garlic powder & ghee) over coconut water rice (made in the rice cooker with coconut water instead of regular water) with mango/avocado salsa. Dinner was really good and very filling. When Mikey was eating it he said, "It tastes like ceviche. Is there more?" I don't get many requests for more from Mikey lately, so hearing that made me think that I was on the right path tonight. Yahoo!  Mackenzie doesn't like salmon, so she had rice with the salsa and was very happy. She really liked the rice made with coconut water. I did too! It was extra sticky and flavorful.
Mango/Avocado Salsa

When Brian came home, I sautéed up some salmon for him and prepared his plate. While he was eating he told me how much he liked it. Normally, the fact that he eats it is a good sign, and he really isn't very picky. However, him saying he liked it without me fishing for a positive critique was awesome. This dinner was a winner!  That was it for today. If I have a snack tonight, it will be some popcorn that is made with just popcorn and sea salt.

Pan Sautéed Salmon over Coconut Rice with Mango Avocado Salsa

I have to say that it is pretty cool to go out about my day and see friends that have been quietly reading my blog. Mikey's orthodontist, Dr. Mulcahey, has even been reading it. Of course, she is a friend of mine on Facebook, but still, it made me feel special. 

I love hearing about all of the new recipes you've tried too. It is fun to try something new. I've come to see that many recipes have many of the same ingredients, but are just worked with a bit differently to make the food taste different. Give a new recipe a try and let me know how it goes. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment