Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day 35...Gotta Plan Food For Next Week.

Yesterday Brian scheduled an appointment with a guy to fix our shower door.  Being that the appointment was at 9am this morning, I had to scrub my bathroom last night. However, just because the guy was coming so early didn't mean that I was going to get up that early. 😁 Brian woke me up before the guy arrived and I went in the backyard with the dogs, a pillow and a blanket. I'm not very social in the morning. 

When I was ready to officially wake up, I poured a mug of coffee and sat down to figure out my menu for next week. This week I used the allrecipes.com site. I like this site because they have an app too that gives me the shopping list for the recipes I want to make. I bring my phone I to the store with the app and you click on the ingredient you stuck in your cart so it is removed from the list. Very easy. I searched gluten-free recipes and will alter  some to accommodate clean eating. 

While I was figuring out the menu, I had some white rice and Asian ground turkey for brunch.  

Mikey had a golf tournament today and with Brian having a softball game before the golf tournament was over, I drove out to Moorpark to pick up my boy when he was done. I'm not always welcome to watch Mikey play because I am "too positive."  Mikey doesn't like to hear how good he did if he doesn't believe it to be true. I like to focus on something positive. He does not. Oh well. 

Mikey wasn't too happy with his game today so it was a very quiet ride home.   Once I got home I knew I needed to get to making something for dinner because Mikey didn't eat much today and needed to eat. I microwaved some potatoes to make baked potatoes and started chopping up veggies and chicken for a fresh salad. I love baked potatoes mixed in my salad. Kind of tastes like a warm potato salad. 
Fresh veggies salad with chicken 
  
While I was microwaving the potatoes Mackenzie decided to share that she doesn't like baked potatoes but really missed French fries, so she started to cut up a potato to make her own French fries. She fried them in safflower oil. Not the best choice but it was better than vegetable oil, I think. 

I served myself some salad and a baked potato. I used butter, cheddar cheese and sour cream. The salad was served with some ranch dressing. 

Mackenzie making her own French fries. 

That is about all for today. Tomorrow will be about throwing out leftovers that are still around and all of the chopped veggies before they go bad. I really liked that I had green onions all cut up this week. I used them a lot. I probably only need about 5 bell peppers instead of 6. Carrots were about right. Way too many zucchini and summer squash. 

Mackenzie has a request for more fruit this week. My fridge needs to be cleaned out with what is left and the new chopping and peeling of veggies will start again tomorrow. 

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow is a new day. What do you have  planned to cook this week?

Until tomorrow, 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment