Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 36...Banana Bread!

Yes, I am screaming banana bread! I am super excited about it. It is currently in the oven so I don't have a picture for you yet. I will keep you posted on how it turns out. It is a gluten-free banana bread.  I used GF all-purpose flour from TJ's and truvia for my sugar and went with coconut oil instead of butter. I can't wait!

Today was the big weekly shopping day. Cleaning out the refrigerator, shopping, cleaning storage containers and then peeling and chopping veggies for the week. In addition to all of that, dinner had to be made.

I went to Ralph's this week to do my shopping. They had everything I needed for this week's menus. They carry GF soy sauce too, which is nice. TJ's doesn't carry it at my local store.

While I was unloading groceries, I ate some grapes and then had some "movie" pre-popped popcorn. Before I ate that I only had coffee. Not a good mix for all of the vitamins that I've been taking.  Note to self, let's not do that again. EAT BREAKFAST!

For dinner tonight I made an antipasto salad with GF pasta shells. Instead of the different spices in the recipe, I poured the ingredients in to make italian dressing, minus the water. Everything all mixed up and it was done. I popped it into the fridge before I went to PT and came home to a yummy dinner all ready to go.

Antipasto Salad with GF Shells

In addition to the antipasto salad, I roasted some zucchini and summer squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, shredded asiago cheese and Old Bay seasoning. While that was cooking, I make a quick tortilla soup for my boys. It was one of those where all spices are in there, all you have to do is add the water and chicken. It wasn't the most clean soup I could make, but I knew my boys weren't going to love my antipasto salad, so I wanted them to have an alternative.

Now, my banana bread is still in the oven, but the house smells amazing. Yippee!  Oh my, there goes the buzzer!!!! Gotta Go!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment