Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 29...My Family Is Getting Healthy!



If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, you already know that my son and I have had some great results from this new clean eating way of life. As of today, I am down 7.9 lbs and Mikey is down 20 lbs in 29 days. I am very proud of my boy. He has really committed to this new life. He hasn't even taken the option to have a cheat meal. Unless he is eating soup, he won't eat outside of the house. Of course, he is growing taller, so that is helping his weight loss. He is starting high school in August, so I am excited for his new more confident self. 

Coffee was my breakfast of choice, as always. I woke up pretty late today as I was up early in the morning with my pups. They were struggling with the new rules of the house, so I was up trying to stay consistant.

Last night, after I wrote this blog, I created a menu for the week. I am excited to try the new recipes. My grocery store of choice today was Trader Joe's. I bought my standard GF snacks of nuts and dehydrated fruit along with many fresh veggies and meats to help me to make the dishes that are on my menu this week. 

For lunch, I made leftover brown rice spaghetti from last night's dinner. It was so good. Italian food is always so good the next day. I was very happy. 

Once I finished lunch, it was time to work.  I cut and peeled all of the refrigerated veggies that I bought for the week. It is a lot of work, but seeing all of the fresh veggies all stacked up and ready to eat is worth it, such a sense of accomplishment. 
Freshly Chopped Up Veggies

Dinner tonight was BBQ rosemary pork with roasted eggplant and cucumbers/gorgonzola cheese. I was happy with the recipe and then decided to roast the eggplant with olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic salt at 450 for 45 mins (mixing it up half way through). They came out soft and flavorful. After marinating the pork chops in olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary, I threw them on the BBQ. While the pork was cooking, I was thinking about the look of the plate and knew I needed some more color. I grabbed my container of cut up cucumbers and added some red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, olive oil and gorgonzola cheese to it. I also added sugar free apple sauce to the plate. I can't make pork chops without apple sauce (pork chops & apple sauce).


BBQ Rosemary Pork Chop, Roasted Eggplant with Cucumber & Apple Sauce

That is all for today as it is 9pm in the evening. I really shouldn't be eating anything else today. I will do my best to eat a good breakfast tomorrow. I can't even the feelings that I have from the support that you all give me. Hearing that I am making a difference in your way of thinking about food makes it all worth it. Keep up the great work and know that I am here to support you too. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment