Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 38...Back In The Swing Of Things

I'm sorry for flaking out last night on this blog. I was at a funeral and then spent the rest of the day with the family and friends of our dear friends, Cy & Kathy. It was great to spend time with them while remembering Cy's dad.

To recap what I ate yesterday is pretty easy. I really didn't eat a whole lot, but I did drink. Brian and I got to the funeral location pretty early, so we went to Chuy's in Simi Valley and I had a margarita and some chips and salsa. After the funeral, Brian and I went back to Chuy's with our friends, Kevin & Rob. We all had a shot of patron and I had 2 more margaritas. Once we were done hanging out there, we went to Cy's parent's house to spend time with their family and friends. There, I had a glass of Riesling and a GF roll with some deli meat, mustard and thousand island. It was easy to eat there because my friend, Kathy, is also GF (she is the one that introduced me to the benefits of it). She brought the GF rolls. I was so thankful and it was so good to have some bread. :)

At around 8:30pm, Brian, Kevin & Rob decided that they needed to eat, so we went to Larsen's in Simi Valley. I had a small chopped salad and water. The boys all had some sort of meat (ribeye, tri-tip, fish), potatoes and rolls. I was jealous, but whatever!  That was all I had yesterday.

This morning, I had a cup of coffee with whipping cream with agave, instead of my normal stevia. I liked the agave better, less of an after taste.

I got myself ready for the day and got the rest of my hair chopped off. I am so happy to have my spunky hair style back. I've had long hair for a couple years now, but I like the sass of short hair better.  I had some GF of my homemade banana bread and some grapes. It wasn't really enough because my vitamins kicked my butt again. I drank lots and lots of water.

For lunch, I had some pre-popped popcorn and had some iced tea.  I was having a bit of a stomach ache today, and no its isn't from all of my drinking yesterday. I know that feeling, this wasn't it. Besides, I drank water from about 5pm and for the rest of the night.

I went to PT and did most of my exercises (except for the ones where I have to balance on the exercise ball and do arm exercises. The pressure hurt my stomach. :(

I came home and started dinner. While I was cooking I sampled a couple of GF crackers. They were good and now I know what I can eat if I make a yummy dip. For dinner, I made Mongolian Beef with coconut sticky rice (rice 1:2 and coconut water in the rice cooker) and roasted asparagus (salt, pepper, olive oil & garlic powder at 475 for 30 mins). It was tasty and very filling!



Mongolian Beef over Coconut Rice with Roasted Asparagus

That's all for today! Not a whole lot of food, but it was all yummy! I hope you all had a great day and are excited about what you will do tomorrow! Keep up the great work. I know you can do it!

Until tomorrow,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment