Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 26...Brian Is So Supportive!

Since I've been tired of telling you that I haven't had breakfast each morning and have just been drinking coffee, I made breakfast. It was very filling and super good. I sautéed up some sausage in my iron skillet (I love my iron skillet, by the way) and sautéed mushrooms and red onions in another skillet. After they were tender, I whisked some eggs with heavy whipping cream and added them to the sautéed mushrooms/onions. Once they were all cooked up, I cut up some tomatoes and avocado and added them to my plate with cottage cheese.

Breakfast of the Day!

I was reminded that I should not weigh myself after eating such a big breakfast and 2 cups of coffee, as it makes for an emotionally sad place. I think my scale hates me. I like it, when it works, but lately it has been very temperamental. This is why I haven't posted my weight loss/gain this week. I don't trust what it says. It is an Aria fitbit scale and hasn't been very trustworthy. The batteries keep dying and it takes forever for it to give me a weight.  Grrrr! I'll figure it out, but at the end of the day, it is about my health, not necessarily the scale! I do, however, feel like I have lost inches. Yay!

The rest of the day was spent snacking on macadamia nuts and popcorn. I was a bit of a pig today and ate a whole bag of pre-popped movie popcorn (the healthy kind). Peppermint tea was my drink of choice until later this evening. That is when I broke out the pomegranate iced tea (so daring)!

Since it was Friday (I don't like to cook on Friday) and I was studying for my Animal Behavior College, I didn't cook dinner. Brian said he would pick something up for us from Chili's. I asked for their Quesadilla Explosion salad. Brian came home with a grilled chicken salad with a low fat vinaigrette instead. The dressing was spicy, but tasty. Brian didn't want me to have to risk eating the quesadilla that comes with the salad. I didn't plan on eating it, but it was really sweet that he didn't want to tempt me. We both ate salads. 

Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Low Fat Vinaigrette
That's about all for today!  Not much excitement, but sometimes that is also good. Mackenzie has been home all day catching up on her sleep and Mikey is now at the Ice Station again hanging out with his buddies. I am trying to slow down on my Orange is the New Black watching so that I don't go through major withdrawals once it is over. To fulfill my obsession, I downloaded their theme song as my ringtone. Obsessed much? Ya, I think so too!

I hope you have had a great week and are looking forward to a relaxing weekend. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment