Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 23...A Day At The Beach!

Going to the beach always makes for a very relaxing day. Today, I went with Lisa and her kids and their friends. It was a great day with good people! It is so great to see teenage siblings and their friends all spending a great time together. 

Coffee was a must this morning and then I got myself packed for the day. Met Lisa and jumped in her car with the kids. We headed to Carpinteria and stopped at Subway on the way. I packed my lunch, but found myself buying a BLT salad. It looked so good. I added a scoop of tuna and avocado. We both got an iced tea and it was yummy. It is so much easier eating and drinking well when you have a friend doing the same thing. Misery loves company! 

When we got to the beach we started eating. It was heavenly. I know that sounds strange, but it was really good. It made me happy. That seems to happen a lot with food for me, huh? Since I packed my snacks, I later ate some dehydrated mangos. We were really surprised that we aren't too hungry today. The salad seemed to be all we really needed. 

After I got home, I had to start making dinner, so I browned and cooked some chicken in the iron skillet with olive oil, salt and pepper with a little Lawry's season salt. As a side dish, I made a greek salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, greek olives, red onions, gorgonzola cheese with red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, dill and italian seasoning. That was dinner. It took about 10-15 mins to make, super easy. 

Greek Salad ala Marler

After the night passed by a bit, I had some macadamia nuts. Feeling good about the day and happy to have spent it with my friend, Lisa!

For all of my friends that have started a new way of healthy eating and have become diet coke free, GREAT JOB! It's not easy, but it is worth it and so are YOU!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I have been trying to avoid your blog so I don't have to consider (again!) giving up my diet coke...but I can't seem to stay away! You have the gift of motivation!!! Liza and I will be doing a detox diet for a couple of weeks when soccer camp is over, Awesome job Angela,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this, Stayci! I'm so sorry that I didn't respond sooner. Keep me posted on your detox. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete