Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 32...Are You Sick Of Me Yet?

Sometimes I feel like I am on such babble alert every night when I type this blog. I wonder if I am just annoying for even typing it, but then I think, who cares! This blog is to hold me accountable. I've learned that some of you are using it as a motivation to get healthy too and that makes me feel so honored.

Today was a pretty emotional day for me. Days like this make me so happy to have my sister-in-law, Roxanne, in my life. She is always there for me and was there for me today. I don't know what I would do without her. Thank you, Sis!

Because I was meeting Roxanne, I didn't have breakfast. I had some coffee and got myself ready for my day. Roxy and I accomplished our goal of the day and found ourselves at Chili's. We both celebrated our goal that was reached and toasted with a shot of patron, then we each had a patron margarita. I was able to make some better choices for lunch though. I had the Chipotle Tex Mex Bowl. It was really good and reminded me of something that I would make at home. Tasted fresh and healthy. I feel like I made a good choices at Chili's...aside from the drinks, of course!

Once I got home, I was pretty lazy. I knew I had to figure something out for dinner, so I was on the hunt for a decent recipe with the ingredients that I had on hand. Unfortunately, I missed a couple of ingredients when I was shopping at the beginning of the week and used extra ingredients in my "off the cuff" dinners, so I had to wing it.

I made some sticky rice made with coconut water, my new favorite, and browned up some ground turkey. While I was cooking the ground turkey, I added soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili sauce, green onions & sesame oil. I cooked it all up and viola! Dinner is served! Asian turkey over coconut white rice.

Asian turkey with sticky coconut rice

I was happy with this throw together dinner. It was a hit and was very filling. Yay! I was able to get in a couple of Orange is the New Black episodes (I'm very sad because I'm almost done with season 2), and am now watching Hell's Kitchen with my honey.

I hope you had a great day and were able to succeed in whatever you set out for the day. Don't forget that you are worth it. I believe in you!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment