Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 18...We Are Making Changes!

Guess how much cooking I did today? None! Nope! Nothing! 2 cups of coffee for me and then, nothing to eat either. I was just busy.

Brian came home from work early because he and Mikey are going fishing this weekend and after all, it is 4th of July weekend, so the party has started. Well, not really a party, that would take work. I don't like to exert myself too much, don't ya know!

Drank tons of peppermint tea and decided that I needed to eat something so I had a plum and some nuts.  Since Brian was home early, we decided to go to dinner with some friends at Gogi House. You know, that Korean BBQ place that I like to eat? I had the Bibimbap again and we all shared some kalbi beef. The bibimbap was really good, but very spicy, so I was sweating the whole time. So much sweating! Did I mention I was sweating? Yikes! Since we were with some friends and they were drinking beer, I decided to get some saki. It was Fuji Apple saki to be exact and it was really yummy.

After dinner, the kids and I had some of their frozen yogurt. It was really good and really small, so I didn't feel guilty. It tasted like a tart yogurt. That's it! That's all I had today. Now it is 9:30pm and I'm done eating.

Yogurt from Gogi House..it is in a dixie cup!
While I was getting ready for the day, I jumped on the scale because I have been so excited to see what it says (not a normal feeling for me with the scale), and I was down another 2 lbs. making 6.9 lbs total loss. The scale showed a number that I had in my head as a number that will make me feel like I am on my way to a healthy life. I saw it today and I was shocked! I have to say that being magnesium and B12 deficient may have really been hurting me in the weight loss department.  Taking the vitamins now may have been just what I needed to kickstart my healthy new body.  I am happy! Things are going well and I am just beside myself with excitement. This is working! 

I have had so many people tell me that they are stopping Diet Coke and are starting to focus more on their food intake and that this blog is helping them make the change. I am just so thrilled to have so many people joining me on this adventure to eat better. To do good things for our bodies and for our families. If you have made any changes because of this blog, please share! I know that together, we can do great things! Our families are worth it! 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

2 comments: