Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 43...Shopping & Organizing

Today is Monday and Monday equals grocery shopping and cleaning out and filling the fridge with fresh cut veggies. Mackenzie helped me out today and cut some veggies too. That was a nice help. All of the hard work pays off when Mikey comes downstairs and asks for a sandwich with turkey, roast beef, mild cheddar, cucumbers and red onions and mustard. He had a golf tournament today and didn't eat again when he was there. I wish he could feel confident to make good choices while he is away from home.  At least he drank lots and lots of water. I am thankful for that choice.

It was a chaotic day at my house with painters outside with their power washers. My dogs were going nuts. It was especially hard because I couldn't let the dogs outside so I had to set up a potty station in the garage. I was thankful that Mackenzie was home today so that I could go to the grocery store and get my shopping on. Just kidding, it really isn't fun at all. Shopping bores me. But at least Mackenzie entertained the pups while I was gone.

Not all was horrible at the store though, I ran into my friend, Tammie. She was so encouraging about this blog and has even tried recipes that I've posted. I love to hear stuff like that. My babble is actually useful? Thank you, Tammie! You made my day!

As for my food eating, I started out with some coffee (shocker) and some oatmeal again. Today's oatmeal selection was even tastier than yesterday's choice.


Jackpot! 
After I got myself together, off to the store I went. I was on a hunt for some GF alternative foods so that I don't cheat to eat something that I am craving. Ralph's has an amazing selection of GF foods. They had Udi's and Rudi's. I actually found myself wanting to try many of them, so into the cart they went.

So many Gluten Free choices 
When I was checking out, the girl helping me with my bags, said that all of my fruits and veggies were making her hungry. Isn't it true? When you see the fruits/veggies that are crisp and fresh, it makes you crave them? That is why I chop up all of the veggies when I get home and put them in containers. It makes it easier to eat them and they look extremely appetizing. 


Doesn't this look refreshing? Raspberry iced tea.

When I got home from the store, Mackenzie, was so excited to share that she made herself GF pasta and some GF brownies. My girl and I have serious sweet teeth right now. I was very proud of her because she never cooks. She would rather avoid it and be served, but not today, and hopefully, not from now on. I bought and ate some tortilla chips with salsa while I was working. Not proud of it, but I did it and I'm owning it. I also made some cold brew raspberry iced tea. This is my new saving grace. I am in love. 

After all of the work with the groceries was done, I sat down with some chopped up cucumber and carrots with light GF bleu cheese dressing. Brian was home and decided to go out with a buddy to Las Rocas and offered to bring dinner home. Yes, please! I had their carnitas tostada with tortilla chips. I didn't not eat the tostada shell. 

Now, I sit here typing my blog with a very full belly.  I have yet to try the GF brownies, but I am sure it will happen by the night's end.
This is for all of us!



I found the above picture last night and had to save it for all of us. We need to remember this every day. We should never give up on ourselves and what we feel is best for our families as well as for ourselves. We can do it! Don't give up!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment