Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 17...Peppermint Tea

For some reason, I am at a loss for words today. I have no idea why, I just am. I woke up and jumped on the scale and was very happy to see that I am now down a total of 4.9 lbs. Still a drop in the bucket, but it is a step in the right direction. I am very proud and happy that all is going well. I am making great changes for my family and for myself.  The weight loss is really just a side effect, but I'm not gonna lie, it is an amazing side effect. I've been thinking about my life a year from now, and I like what I see and what is to come. 


Breakfast was coffee. I woke up a bit late, so I just waited and then had a spinach & kale salad with eggs, asiago cheese, tomatoes and some poppy seed dressing. It was pretty good. As a way of helping my heartburn issues, I decided to make some peppermint sun tea. I really like it. The kids aren't as excited about it, but if I can drink something that is good for me while helping my acid reflux, I'm all in!

Around noon, I threw a pork loin in the crockpot with some crushed garlic, salt, pepper, dried sage and some frozen carrots. They were from TJ's and are adorable. Look at them in that picture. Aren't they cute? 

                
                      Pork Loin with Frozen Adorable Carrots
Pork Loin/Gravy with Blended Carrots, Salad
& Cottage Cheese
I got myself ready for PT and left knowing that dinner would be ready when I got home. Once I got home, I put the cooked carrots in the blender with butter, salt, pepper and some allspice. Then, I took the pork loin out of the crockpot and put the juice left over into an iron skillet and started making some gravy. I added some oat flour and salt & pepper, brought it to a boil and simmered until the rest of dinner was ready. I cut up some veggies for a salad and made some italian dressing. Slapped a scoop of cottage cheese on my plate with the rest of the items that I made and called it a day. 

Now, here I sit drinking some peppermint tea and am oh so happy with my day. Thank you all for reading and supporting me through this journey. You are all so amazing!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

P.S. I guess I found some words. :)

2 comments: