Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 19...Happy Independence Day!

Coffee for breakfast again. I really need to change that pattern, but, it is summer and when I'm able to sleep in, I do! So, breakfast seems to get passed by while I am in a peaceful slumber.

Spending the day going shopping with Mackenzie and having lunch is what I call a good day. We did some shopping and found ourselves at Red Robin. We did really good at lunch. It is hard to go there and not have their bottomless fries, but we did it! Mackenzie had soup and salad and I had their avo-cabo salad. Iced tea was our drink of choice. Yummy Yummy!

Brian and Mikey are out fishing and I would normally find myself wanting some treats with my girl, but again, we were good. We went to the grocery store and got some veggies to help us continue our good food choices this weekend. 

We decided on artichokes and corn on the cob for dinner. The artichoke was cut and opened for sliced garlic and then simmered on the stove for 30 mins. I made a olive oil mayo/dijon mustard dip for the artichokes. The corn on the cob was cooked, while still with its husk, watered and wrapped in a  paper towel, in the microwave for 5 mins. The husk comes right off when it is cooked and it is really good. Super easy. 

Artichoke and Corn on the Cob.

Before dinner was done cooking, I decided that we needed treat tonight. I made some raspberry/vanilla ice cream made with vanilla unsweetened almond milk, agave, strawberry kefir and fresh raspberries. It ended up a little icy, but I will get the consistency down soon enough. The sweetness was very good and filled the need.

Homemade Vanilla/Raspberry Ice Cream

I think I will be making some air popped popcorn later tonight, but as for now, this is all I've eaten today.

Happy Independence Day!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment