Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 27...Cheat Meal

Today, I was able to spend lunch with my step-dad, Don, along with Brian, my kids,  David (my brother) and Joey (my nephew). It was really great to see him and reminisce about old times. Don and my mom were married while I was growing up. Elementary school and into college. Needless to say, he had a huge impact on my upbringing. It has been over 3 years since I've seen him (not counting Facebook), so lunch was a meal worth cheating. He really wanted me to be able to make good choices since he understands that I've been working hard to stay healthy, but instead, I decided that I wanted to celebrate his visit and eat what I wanted. I also didn't want to be a pain in the tush with the restaurant selection. We went there when he last visited, so it was perfect to go there again.

We went to Don Cuco's on Lyons in Newhall. It is a Mexican restaurant so I needed to have a margarita or two, of course. In addition, I had chips and salsa and 2 crunchy beef tacos with some refried beans and rice. I wasn't good, but I wasn't horrible either. I have to say that it was either the salsa or the margarita, not sure, but one of them brought back my in-di-ges-tion. Blah! I haven't struggled with that feeling for a couple of weeks now, so having it come back makes me really want to get right back track.

For a snack, I had some freeze dried mangos. Ingredients: Mangos. I have to admit that I didn't like that as much as my dehydrated mangos. I've mentioned that I'm addicted to the dehydrated mangos, right? I love them! Freeze dried mangos, not so much!

For dinner, Brian went to the store and got some steak and scallops along with some fresh spinach. I sautéed the spinach with some onions and some ghee (salt and pepper, of course). After that was done, I took the spinach out and added the leftover onions and ghee to my iron skillet and added the scallops. Brian BBQd the steak. Once it was all done, I warmed up some leftover coconut water rice and dinner was served.

Steak and Scallops with Spinach & Coconut Water Rice

I was able to make the rest of the day right with my eating.  I feel good that I didn't go completely off the wagon and cheat the whole day away. I think that I've been eating well long enough now to know that I feel better when I eat well. Eating clean is the best for me and it makes me feel accomplished. 

I hope you are having a great weekend. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment