Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 47...The House Is Done!

Today was the final day of painting for my house. It looks so great and I highly recommend Mint Condition Painting (MintConditionPainting.com). They have painted the inside of our house on different occasions and just finished the outside. They quoted 5 days and it took 5 days! I am impressed with the quality as well.

The color of the shutters and door is Cherry Cola. :)
Since I am not drinking diet coke and/or my favorite, diet cherry coke, the name of the shutters and door is perfect. To be honest, I didn't know the name until they were all done and I was storing the extra paint cans. 

I woke up early this morning since I didn't sleep well last night. Since the painters were at the house, and they were painting the front door, I had to keep the dogs in my bedroom with me. We all took a little nap after my coffee was done. :) Isn't coffee supposed to keep you up? 

After I was able to, one by one, bring the dogs down and put them into the backyard/garage, I made myself a sandwich.  It was on this fantastic GF bread from Rudi's that I bought last time I was at the store. I used olive oil mayo, brown mustard, chia seeds, avocado, tomato, sliced turkey and sliced milk cheddar cheese. It was amazing. 

Why are there sponges in my picture? I didn't eat that, I promise. 

I met up with my mom and Roxy later in the day. I can't believe what a hot day it was today. I feel so awful for my painters. Luckily, I didn't have to have the dogs in the garage for very long (it is much cooler in there than the backyard).  Once I got home, I figured I would start making dinner so that I could be done and sit for the rest of the night by my tower fan. 

I chopped up some chicken and sautéed it in my iron skillet with a packet of italian seasoning, red onions and jalapeño peppers. While that was sautéing, I started the pot of water to boil it for GF pasta. I continued sautéing the chicken until all was cooked and tender. 

Looks good, huh? 

 Once the pasta was done, I threw it into the iron skillet and started mixing flavors until I got the taste I was trying to find. I added some butter, dijon mustard, provolone cheese and lastly I added some sour cream. Nothing was measured as I was just throwing it in and tasting.

It was a hearty meal. I loved it!
I told Mikey food was ready for him and he came down, opened the microwave and turned back around to go upstairs. I was sad. I thought he would like it, but like me, he was probably grouchy today too.  I have been a grouchy girl. The heat and I are not friends. 

Later, I went to the store and was able to chit chat with my friend, Kim! So great to see you, Kim! I always love our conversations. Yes, that was us, the two ladies talking in a little cubby we set aside for ourselves so we didn't get in anyone's way.  After I left our conversation, I went over to the GF section by the deli and got some GF chocolate chip cookies. On my way out, I noticed they had one of their non-GF handmade hawaiian pizzas ready to be cooked, so I grabbed it for my boys. That is Brian's favorite. You can't beat $7.99. 

Brian ate and liked my pasta and so did Mackenzie. She actually ate the portion that I set aside for Mikey too. If he wasn't gonna eat it, she was. It was tasty. I'm glad they liked it.

That's all for today. Oh yea, last night after I posted, I didn't have a brownie like I thought I would. Instead, I made myself a sandwich like I made today for lunch. It was good and didn't have me going back for more like the brownie would have done to me.

I hope you had a great day and were able to keep cool. This heat is brutal. Enjoy your weekend.

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment