Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 59...Back To PT

After about 2 weeks, I needed to get myself back to PT. With my mom in town and my trip to Vegas with Mackenzie, I put my injury recovery on the back burner. Not anymore! I took so many steps backward from missing 2 weeks, it is time to get back to it, plus the exercise is good. 

Once I woke up and got myself moving, coffee was on the menu. After hanging out with my bearded dragon, Keith, I decided that we could share a banana. I figured it would be good for me to eat it and he needs to eat more fruits and veggies too, so we both benefited. 

Keith sampling some banana
Chores, chores, and more chores with lots and lots of laundry to do to get the kids ready for their first day of school. This task would be an easy one if my dryer was working properly. It runs and blows air, but not hot air. Ugh! It works on and off, so that is why it hasn't been fixed yet, but that ends this week. World Appliances will be out to fix my dryer. I will be jumping for joy with a dryer that works as it should. You know it will work great on the day that the guy comes though, right? I'll look like a complete idiot.

After PT, I found myself at Smart & Final for their disposable cups for morning smoothies and some veggie that I forgot at the grocery store on Monday. I think smoothies in the morning are going to be important for Mikey before school.  I'm not really sure how much he is going to eat while he is there.  I will pack him snacks and a sandwich, but I am not feeling confident that he will even eat it. Ugh! It is hard to know how he will handle eating in high school, especially since it is his first year there and he is unsure about the best way to eat healthy while at school. Mackenzie has sports med and their fridge for her lunch, Mikey is like everyone else without a fridge.  This will be a trial and error experience with my boy. I just hope that he is able to keep up the great eating and confidence in himself.

When I got home, I broke open a bag of macadamia nuts and munched on those while I was trying to figure out my plan of attack for dinner.

Kale pesto with sautéed shrimp with garlic/onions
Dinner consisted of Lemony/Kale pesto made with kale and lemons (of course) as well as basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese and olive oil. I have to tell you that it was a bit thick with the recipe, so I added more olive oil and even some chicken stock, then threw it into my nutribullet to make it as smooth as possible. There was a recipe for shrimp and pasta with the kale pesto sauce, but to be honest, I cooked the pasta and shrimp on my own and only used the recipe for the kale pesto. 

On the stove, I boiled some water to make my GF brown rice pasta. While the pasta was cooking, I started peeling my shrimp, luckily they were already deveined. Once the pasta was done, I drained it and put it back in the pot and added the pesto to it. It sat while I started sautéing some butter, onions and garlic in my iron skillet. Once they were translucent, I added the shrimp. I cooked them down until the butter was absorbed into the garlic and onions. Once they were done, I served the pesto pasta on each plate and added the shrimp mixture and viola! It was very tasty, good and healthy too. 

Do you have any recipes that you've tried recently that you really like? Does your family like it too? My family doesn't always like my new recipes. I wish they loved everything and that they jumped for joy every time I put a plate in front of them with one of my creations, but that is not always the case. I'll keep trying. 

Tomorrow will be a crazy day with my babies starting school. This will be the first time in 7 years that they will be at the same school. I am so excited for them! Too bad, their schedules are different in that Mackenzie can't take Mikey to school. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to have my "Mikey" time each day, but it would have been great to give them more brother/sister time too. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment