Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 63...Is It Monday Yet?

Who would ever wish for Monday? Me! Why? Because I need to get back on track. I have been a piglet this weekend. I had lots of beer with my honey and ate horribly.

I had some coffee this morning and then finally got myself moving (after writing yesterday's blog). Once I was ready, Brian and I headed out to try a new restaurant in Valencia called Rustic Burger. It is the type of restaurant where you order at the door, find a seat and they bring you the food. You order your food in a step type fashion. You decided on the burger meat, the toppings and, the bun and then the side. I ordered their all beef burger, cali toppings (avocado, cheese, bacon, aioli) with a gluten free bun. Can you believe they have gluten-free buns? I was so excited.  My side was a house salad with a vinaigrette dressing.

The food was good to me. I was happy. Having a gluten free bun made me happy. Unfortunately, Brian also ordered a GF bun and was not happy. He said it was too much bun. The bun to burger ratio was off.  Gluten free bread is an acquired taste and an odd texture, but I was pleased.  The salad was good too.

Gluten free bun with salad.

Brian and I sat at the bar and each had an "805" beer. We were there for a while and ended up having more beers. What? Mackenzie came by and ate as well. She enjoyed the gluten free bun, as I did. She ordered tater tots as her side and I snuck some of hers. Since she was getting mad at me, I ordered a separate side of tater tots. They were really good, but oh so bad!

805 Beer

That was it! That's all I had today. We had a late lunch and I haven't been hungry since. So, now that it is 10:20pm, I will go to bed knowing that I did bad, but not as bad as I could have been. I think all of my nerves have taken over today too. There was a boy on Instagram that threatened to shoot and kill kids in SCV, starting with the school that my kids attend. He was arrested, but I am still feeling uneasy about it. I know that this week will probably be the safest of all weeks with the stepped up protection, but it is still scary. Hoax or not, this is not something that anyone should take less than seriously. Sometimes, people with issues do tell on themselves beforehand, it seems like this kid did too. I just hope that he didn't have any friends that are as disturbed. Knowing that people liked his post about killing SCV kids makes me very uneasy. Why would anyone like a post like that? These kid have no idea how serious this is or could have been.

I wish safety to all of the SCV babies out there. Babies everywhere! We all need to stick together, be diligent and keep our eyes open on social media. If you have kids and don't know how to use these apps, LEARN! Sign up, read what they are reading, get their passwords, do it! I knew about all of this that was going on last night because I was on my daughter's twitter stalking her feed. I was researching the kids that "liked" the post on instagram because their names were on the pictures. I was looking at their followers and who they followed. You can do that too! Educate yourself. Protect your kids and help them to stay safe.

OK, I will get off of my soapbox.

Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment