Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 71 & 72...I'm A Blogging Slacker

Day 71
To be honest, I cannot remember much of what I ate yesterday. It was a day of studying and writing essays for ABC, Stage 6. Oh wait, it is coming to me. I woke up and had coffee. That was easy.  I did some laundry and made myself 2 GF sandwiches with turkey and mild cheddar cheese. I am remembering that I was still in procrastination mode and ate the sandwiches and watched Maury. That is such a train wreck.

Once I got Mikey from school and completed my stage 6 test with essays, I started on dinner. I had 2 lbs of italian seasoned turkey to cook for dinner, but I didn't have a recipe or thought about what I was going to do. THEN, there was a commercial that came on and it mentioned meatloaf. I love background noise, but I never thought it would give me a dinner idea.

I decided to make italian turkey meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes. I didn't have any GF break crumb, so I ground up some GF pretzels. I was proud of that idea. I chopped up some onions, added an egg, some garlic salt, onion powder and mixed it all up. Then, I filled up my 12 cupcake tins and popped them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 mins.

Italian turkey meatloaf cupcakes
When the "cupcakes" were cooking, I decided to make some mashed potatoes. I chopped them very small to cook them up to be done and served in the amount of time it took to make the cupcakes. 


Cupcakes on their frosting

That was all for yesterday. I spent the rest of the evening helping Mackenzie with horrible hives. She had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that she was on that is a cousin to penicillin. She is allergic to penicillin, but had never had a problem with this medication. This time she did and it was BAD! I set her up with an oatmeal bath and sent her to bed with some Benadryl and some hydrocortisone. She was in hell. We went to the doctor this morning and got some prednisone and Zyrtec. She seems to be on the mend and her pain and itching is almost gone. Phew! I am so thankful for my friend, Laura, that helped me last night with making sure I was covering all of my bases with Mackenzie last night. She is a nurse and actually helped us when we went to the doctor today. She is my keeper friend! <3

Day 72
I woke up this morning a little later because Mackenzie was going to be skipping school to get herself together and to the doctor. I poured a couple cups of coffee and got Mikey off to school. Came home and got myself ready for our adventure at the doctor. It was so hard to see her so miserable. 

After her doctor's appointment, we were starving so we went to Eggs & Things in Valencia. I had a southwest salad with ranch dressing and iced tea. We finished our lunch and headed home. Mackenzie had to get ready to go to school and then to SoCal Physical Therapy to work. I dropped her off at home and went on my way to get my hair done. Today, I was chopping more off the back and dying it auburn with black streaks. Kristy is awesome and does a great job. She always listens to what I want to do and lets me play with my hair, knowing that it grows so fast. 

New color
From my appointment I went to pick up Mikey. Mackenzie wasn't going to be home for dinner and I was starving so Mikey and I stopped at Jimmy Dean's to get our early dinner. He ordered a turkey club and fries. He said, "I'm gonna get fries, I haven't had them in 2 months." He's right. I ordered a Ruben with fries. It was good, but I only ate half of the ruben.


Jimmy Dean's ruben and fries

That's all for today. I hope you had a great day and are staying on track. Obviously, I am not doing so well. I am going out to lunch with my girlfriends tomorrow, so I am not sure how great I will be. We are going to Las Rocas and I love me some chips! 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment