Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 70...Just Me & My Iron Skillet

I am in the middle of studying for my ABC stage 6 exam, so I need to keep this short. 

Breakfast was coffee. Duh! 

I wrote yesterday's blog and started cleaning up my kitchen. I had no desire to do it last night, so it had to be done. 

When that was finished, it was time for me to make lunch. Brian brought home Subway sandwiches but that isn't GF so I passed and made myself a baked potato with grilled onions and mushrooms sautéed in my iron skillet. I added butter and cheese to the potato and then topped it with my mushroom mixture. It was super filling and very rich. 

Potatoes with butter, cheese and mushroom/onion mixture. 

The rest of the day was spent reading and studying for my exam. I realized at 4:30pm that I didn't have any dog food for my pups, so I ran to Ralph's.  Spencer is extremely allergic to many ingredients so I normally don't buy their food there but since my delivery hasn't arrived yet, I had to so some serious ingredient reading. I found a kibble that would work! Great to see. Also the
kibbles are shaped like hearts. You have got to be kidding me. So cute. 

While I was at the store, I figured I would do some of my weekly grocery shopping. After all, I needed food to make breakfast and lunch tomorrow for the kids. Tomorrow, I will chop and organize everything. However, the fridge has been cleaned out already. 

For dinner, Brian already bought steaks and fresh spinach, so I didn't have to
worry about that.  After I got home and cleaned out the fridge I realized that I had some zucchini that was chopped and needed to be cooked. Zucchini lasts a long time. Very good to know. 

I sautéed the zucchini with onions and lots and lots of garlic in my iron skillet. Once that was cooked down I added the fresh spinach. There is so much water on spinach. It always amazes me how much it breaks down and into such a little amount when it is cooked. 2 bunches became barely anything in my skillet. After the spinach was added it brought a great deal of liquid to my veggies, so I added some Italian dressing seasoning to thicken it up. That worked and brought great flavor. 

Steak and spinach/zucchini sauté 

Now, all is cleaned up and I am up in my room where I am supposed to be studying. I feel like a kid who is procrastinating. I will get back to it now. Wish me luck!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

P.S.  I also had a Stella beer. Opps almost forgot! It was warm and gaggy but I had it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment