Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 52...Registration Day

Today was a day of getting my kidlings all set up with their class schedules at Valencia High School. My daughter, Mackenzie, will be a senior and my son, Mikey, will be a freshman.  I have to say that both of the counselors that we needed to talk to helped us tremedously! They were both amazing. They both wanted to help us get the schedules right and gave great information to help my babies start off their semesters on the right feet.  Thank you!

Since I needed to get Mikey to VHS this morning, there was no coffee and no breakfast. After we left the school, we stopped at El Pollo Loco and ordered their Mexcian cobb salads with chipotle dressing and avocado salsa.  Their mango iced tea was great too. So refreshing. 

Throughout the day, I did snack on GF banana bread. I still have that sitting around and it is really good. A bit soggy right now, but that's OK. 

For dinner, I made GF Barilla pasta (my favorite) mixed with onions, bell peppers (yellow, red and orange) and garlic. Once the pasta was done cooking, I mixed the noodles in with the onions and peppers and added some Barilla GF pasta sauce. I was feeling lazy tonight, can you tell?

For dessert, I had some banana bread...again. That's it! That's all I ate today. Not much to babble about. I am in the process of getting myself all packed up for me and Mackenzie to leave for Las Vegas tomorrow. It will be a fun time! I can't wait!  The next couple of days will not necessarily be about cleaning eating, but about what we were able to find to eat. We made a reservation to dine at Giada's, but I may have to cancel the reservation because we may not be able to make our flight home if we eat there! We will be cutting it close. She serves gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan dishes there, so it would be great to experience her dishes. 

We will most likely hit one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants as well as one of Bobby Flay's. I can't wait! It will be a blog of indulgences! Stay tuned...

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment