Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 73...GDO

I was looking forward to today for a week or so now. Today is the day that I was going to lunch with some of my girlfriends. It was fun! I love them, but missed my Tina! :)

I woke up and started my morning routine of making lunches, smoothies and drinking coffee. It was a nice, slow morning. I just dilly-dallied until it was time for me to get myself ready for lunch. 

We meet at Las Rocas in Castaic and we kept one of the waiters busy while we chomped down the tortilla chips and salsa. It was a mistake seating us a bit away from the kitchen. We needed many refills of chips/salsa and iced tea. Poor guy. We were so happy though. 

I ordered the 2 crispy shredded beef tacos with rice and beans and extra sour cream. Not really an amazingly healthy choice, but I told you I wasn't gonna be great! At least I didn't have one of their fish bowls of coors light. I was tempted. Instead, I had 2 beers when I got home. <grin>

When I got home with Mikey from school, I started chopping up the veggies that I neglected to cut up from Sunday.  I don't know what I was thinking, but I forgot to by red/orange/yellow bell peppers. I was missing them in my chopping extravaganza. 

Once I was done with all of that, I realized that I had no ideas of what to make for dinner yet. I was too busy playing with my friends that I didn't plan in advance. 

I made my trusty greek salad and hoped that the family would be super excited about my no meat dinner, not so much. Mikey ate leftover turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes and Mackenzie requested 2 egg sandwiches on GF english muffins. I obliged.  I had the greek salad and some cottage cheese. It was good, but at 7:40pm I am feeling a little bit hungry. I've offered to short order cook for Brian, but he wants to just figure it out. He's never hungry when he walks in the door. He is a late lunch eater, not so much an early dinner enjoyer. 

Doesn't this look fresh and yummy? I think so too.
That's all for today! I may find myself enjoying a GF egg sandwich or some leftover mashed potatoes, I don't know. It will be a surprise! 

Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment