Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 74...Laughing Is Good For The Soul

I have been so spoiled lately to get to go out to lunch with my friends. Today was with my friend, Laura. We went to CPK in Valencia. She works in the same parking lot, at Providence, so it was nice and easy. We did nothing but talk and laugh and laugh some more. We have so many inside jokes that have made over the years (13 years), that we can go non-stop reminiscing about them.

This morning it was the same routine. Coffee, lunch being made and a smoothie for the girl. I told Mikey to school and enjoyed the company of my girl, Tommy (dog). She has arthritis in her spine so she doesn't do much, but she sure does like going in the car...and she is good in the car. I'm sure she feels good to know that she gets to go and the boys, Spencer and Bucky, have to stay behind. We call her, "Mama," so she don't get much of a break from her boys...or really from Bucky. He's a bit needy for her attention all the time.

Once I got myself ready to go to lunch with Laura, I headed out. I got to the restaurant a little early, so I ordered an iced tea and artichoke/spinach dip with tortilla chips. It was good. Once Laura arrived, we laughed so much that we didn't even finish the dip. For lunch, I ordered their cobb salad with beets. It is really a great tasting salad. I really love beets on my salad. I think I need to experiment more with beets at home.

After lunch I picked up Mikey and we went to Wal-Mart. I asked Mikey what he wanted me to make for dinner and he said he wanted meatloaf and mashed potatoes again but with beef instead of turkey. This time I used GF break crumbs instead of ground up GF pretzels. I knew I could whip that up for Mikey and also cook something else for dinner. The other day, Brian thought he meatloaf/potatoes was too rich, so for him,  I made ribeye pork chips with GF bread crumbs.

While I was cooking, I had a coors light. I really need to break this desire for beer lately. This is NOT GF and I don't like GF beer.

I have been impressed with all of the GF option that Wal-Mart has to offer. Many of them are also Wal-Mart brand. I am in love with their pretzels.

After all was said and done, I had some meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes. Then, later, I had a pork chop. It was all really good, but the meatloaf with the beef was a bit over cooked. Probably should have cooked them 25 mins instead of 30 at 350 degrees.

That's all for today. Not a whole lot to report. If you have a blog that you are writing to keep yourself accountable and/or journal your daily accomplishments, please share! I would love to read it.

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment