Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 58...The Veggies Have Been Chopped

After I guilted myself into writing last night's blog, this morning, I got myself ready and took my boy to get his new phone. That boy's phone was old, cracked and mangled, it was time. Since I had him trapped, in my clutches and it was lunch time, I held him captive and made him go to lunch with me. Mackenzie meet us and I had a great lunch with my babies. Yay!

Cobb salad from Islands
Islands was our restaurant of choice. Well, it was my restaurant of choice and since I was paying, that's where we went. After lunch was over, Mackenzie had to get back to school and Mikey and I had to go to Tilly's to return some clothes. That was fun, NOT! It was very crowded. Don't go there until the babies are back to school, I'm warning you. 

Once we got home it was time for my chores to begin. Laundry...I loathe doing laundry. Folding my laundry and cleaning my room happened and then I was back downstairs and in the kitchen, where I am happy. 

I started dinner by making some homemade red enchilada sauce for my "stacked" chicken enchilada dish. While the sauce was simmering, I started chopping all of the veggies I bought at the store yesterday. I realized while I was preparing to put the dish together that it took much more time to prepare food when my veggies aren't already chopped. This time I chopped cilantro, green onions, onions, red onions, parsley, bell peppers, celery, and lots and lots of cucumbers (chopped as slices for sandwiches, and chunks for salads). 

Dinner was finished after 30 mins in the oven and it was very fresh and clean. I really loved it. This one was a keeper. Mikey doesn't like enchilada type dishes because the tortillas get a bit soggy, but this one was good. The tortillas were thinly layered in it. 

Stacked chicken enchilada
I garnished my "enchilada" with more green onions, tomatoes, avocado and sour cream. I actually had 2 helpings. It was that good. Or I was that hungry. Either way, you should try it! 

That's all I'm going to eat today. I've only had iced tea and coffee to drink. I have to say there are still days that I miss my diet coke, but I know that it is not worth it and even after all of the cheating I've done on my food, drinking diet coke would make me feel like I needed to start over on my day count. 58 days of being diet coke free is a huge accomplishment for me. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of it. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela :)





No comments:

Post a Comment