Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 66...Greek Salad Is Now A Staple

 I made Mackenzie's lunch and a smoothie for her and she was out that door.  For Mikey, I made a smoothie as well, but he didn't drink it. Ugh! I drank it. It was good. Lots of chia and today I made it with orange juice instead of almond milk. I added TJ's protein powder.  He doesn't want me to pack him lunch because he won't eat it. I snuck some Whole Food turkey jerky in his bag, but it came home unopened too. Luckily, he   eats once he gets home. Once I got Mikey off to school,  I was still feeling a little bit puny, so I went back to bed. My desire is to just sleep off this feeling. I think I just have a slight flu, at least it is not a concussion. It didn't help me when I put on my reading glasses and thought I was wearing my regular glasses. My blurry vision was freaking me out a bit. I'm glad it was my own stupidity. I may not ever say that again.

Brian came home early today and texted me to meet him for lunch. I did, we met at Las Rocas in Castaic. Our friend, Chris and his daughter, Jesse, met us too. It was a nice way to mix up the weekday. I had chips and salsa with iced tea and ordered a carne asada tostada. I used the chips to eat the tostada, but didn't eat the shell. No, no, no, I'm bad, but no that bad. Still gluten free.

After lunch, Brian had stuff to do and I needed to run a couple of errands before picking up Mikey. I found myself in Walgreens. Not always the best place since I like to "browse" and fill my cart with the "As seen on TV" section. I love that stuff. If you haven't tried the Mr. Lids, you should. I love them! I also really like the Walgreens reward programs. The points you gain by making purchases gives you money to be used to take off of upcoming purchases. I was able to take $10 off of my purchases today. Can't beat that!

After I picked up Mikey, we came home and I started making another greek salad. Since Mikey has been eating it as his staple, I decided that I should keep putting beans and chicken in it as well. I need to give the boy as much protein as I can.

For dinner, I made a white chicken chili for the family, but realized when it was time for me to sit down to eat, I didn't want it. My flu like feelings are making me so hot lately that I decided it was just too hot to eat soup. I made myself a sandwich (x2 cause they are small) instead. It really made me very happy, doesn't it look good. The key to GF bread is to toast it! It must be toasted or it is nasty and crumbly.

Gluten-free sandwiches with olive oil mayo, mustard, chia seeds, mild cheddar cheese, shaved turkey, avocado & cucumber with salt & pepper.

That is it for me today. That's all I ate.  I'm not gonna lie, there was a part of me that wanted to crack open a soda today. Not only have I been diet coke free, but I have been soda free altogether. Nothing out of a can. Nothing. I've been craving it. But, I won't do it. I need to stay strong. The fact that I don't feel good is making me want to cave but, I won't do it. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment