Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 50...Barenaked Ladies

Today was a busy day. I cleaned and then got ready to go to the Ventura County Fair with my mom, Brian, kids, BIL, Steve, SIL, Teresa and MIL, Joyce.

To start the day, I had some coffee and then found myself cleaning the kitchen (it had to happen). I realized that I had some bananas that were going bad and I could either make some banana bread or freeze them. I made the banana bread. While that was cooking, I made 2 egg sandwiches with GF english muffins, butter and mild cheddar cheese. Mackenzie ate one of them.

Once the banana bread was out, I had to have some. It burned my mouth, but it was good. Oooey gooey good.  I drank lots of raspberry iced tea and then my mom arrived for our trip to Ventura.

When I walked through the Ventura County gates, I decided right there, right then, that I was going to go to hell with myself. I was going to eat like the little piggy that I know how to do.  To be honest, there were so many things to choose from, I didn't know what to eat. I saw deep fried pork chops on a stick, huge corn dogs, spiral potatoes with hotdogs in the middle, kettle corn and funnel cakes, oh and beer, lots and lots of beer. I started out with a margarita that came out of a tap, yeah a tap! I had to give that a try. It was a great start. Then, I moved on to 805 beer. During the course of the night, I had three 805 beers.

For dinner, I was struggling with so many decisions and so many choices, so I ended up getting something that I knew wouldn't disappoint...shredded beef nachos. Teresa and I got them out of this little hole in a wall Mexican kiosk. It was worth it. So great! It was perfect for what I was wanting. Really, so far, I wasn't too bad, beer and nachos in a location of so many naughty foods.

Barenaked Ladies on stage. What a great setting! 
We went to the stadium where the Barenaked Ladies were playing.  We had a great time listening to an amazing band playing their new and old music. I really like this band and know many of their songs. I even bought their new album while I was at the concert. iTunes is cool like that!

Barenaked Ladies ala Big Bang Theory
After the encore, we were walking out when I realized that I really wanted to get something to make my "faire" experience complete. I don't normally eat funnel cakes, but tonight I bought a funnel cake with bavarian cream on it. Yep! It was like a deconstructed eclair. It was so good and oh so worth it. I ate it all, minus a bite that I shared with Steve!

After three 805 beers, this pic is a little blurry.

Now, I am home and need to get some water in me before I get myself to bed. Today was a good day, but not such a great food day, but, a good day nonetheless.  I hope you had a great day too!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment