Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 49...Lake Day

It was raining in the SCV today. What? Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a cold, rainy day. It was a warm, muggy rainy day. When I looked out the window this morning, it looked like it was a football sunday. I love football sundays. Wasn't there a preseason game today? OMG! I love football season! I can't wait!!!

This morning, I had a cup of coffee with my honey and he put some bacon in the iron skillet and went outside to do some chores. Of course, I wanted to get up and start making breakfast with that kick start. After the bacon was done, I took out the cooked bacon and started sautéing some red onions, mushrooms, jalapeño, crushed garlic and red bell peppers in the fat. Once they were rendered down, I mixed up some eggs and threw them in as well.

Then, I remembered that I had some GF english muffins in the freezer. I thawed them and then toasted them to serve with breakfast. I added butter to the english muffin, put the eggs on top and served the plate with sour cream (to cut the heat from the jalapeño, I was a bit heavy handed).

Veggie scrambled eggs with bacon and GF english muffins

David, Roxy, Jackie, Joey and my mom were going on Castaic Lake today, so we packed our stuff up (finally, it took us a while to get moving), and headed to the lake. What a nice day on the lake! It rained on occasion, was a bit windy at times, and the sun even broke through for a little bit, but it was the company that was even better. The kids hung out while the guys fished and the women sat under umbrellas and chatted.

Mackenzie and I got tired and made an umbrella fort.

Brian stopped at WalMart before he meet us at the lake and got us all some food for lunch. Mackenzie and I received their ranch cobb salads. Not as good as the kind they make at Ralph's, but it was good enough. The downfalls for me of the day were the coors light that I drank and the Nacho Doritos I ate. Yes, I did it! I own it! I was bad! Oh well. :) It was a heavenly day and I had to rely on my husband's shopping for sustenance. Tomorrow is a new day. But, we are going to the Ventura County Fair to see the Barenaked Ladies tomorrow night, so it might be another rough day. I will do my best to be good until we leave for concert. Wow, I went off on a tangent there, didn't I?

My honey and my brother hanging out with their beers!

Once we got home, I made myself 2 little sandwiches with GF bread, turkey, mild cheddar, olive oil, mustard and chia seeds. It was super yummy. I am loving these little sandwiches. Mikey wanted Ameci's for dinner and Brian wasn't home, so I ordered him a philly cheesesteak sandwich and mozzarella sticks. Not the best choices for him for dinner, but I am not even sure he ate lunch today. He was a bit off of his own fishing and probably didn't want the sandwich Brian bought for him. I ordered an Italian salad, but didn't eat it. I am not hungry, I am just really tired.

I must go to bed now, but will probably watch a couple more Arrested Development episodes. I finally made it to season 2. Yahoo!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment