Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 61...The Dryer Is FIxed!

With the kids starting school on Thursday, I am trying to get my footing. I haven't been a taxi for a while with Mackenzie driving and Mikey walking to school. Now, I am! I'm good with it and I'm enjoying my time with my Mikey, but I have to plan my day around pick up now. :)

The morning routine consists of smoothies, smoothies and more smoothies. Mikey has decided that he doesn't want to eat at school, so this is something I am still trying to work out. I'm not OK with it, but I am not going to send him to school with a lunch that will just come right back to me after school, inedible.

Note: I forgot to mention that I had 2 GF bread sandwiches with turkey, mild cheddar, olive oil mayo, mustard and chia seeds on Wednesday. I meant to mention it yesterday, but I fell asleep after I was finished reading a section in my Animal Behavior College (ABC) book.

Anyway, Thursday's food:

I drank what was left of Mikey's morning smoothie and coffee (not together). Made with a banana, kefir, almond milk &  frozen berries.  Lunch was leftover Mexican casserole from Tuesday night. Dinner was a greek salad that I made that night. I added black olives and corn. Mikey loved it and asked that I always have it on hand. :) I think I can do that.  After I had 2 bowls of greek salad, I had some more leftover Mexican casserole. That dish has gone far this week.  I love it!

Greek Salad
Today, I didn't do any cooking. I made smoothies (and drank Mikey's), coffee, made Mackenzie's lunch, but I didn't cook dinner. I can say, it is Friday, that's why I didn't cook, but it was really just because I had leftovers in the fridge and we need to eat those leftovers, damn it! Plus, I've been feeling lazy today.  I can't really say that it was Friday, because frankly, I felt like Tuesday with the kids starting school on a Thursday.

After I got my boy off to school, I went straight to PT today. Like I said, this whole taxi thing is really  making me plan my days differently. I can no longer go to PT in the afternoon. The timing won't work. I guess that is best anyway, keeps me from going back to bed once the kids are at school. My day starts and continues just like theirs does now.  Once PT was over, I ran some errands and then went to Wendy's and got a BBQ chicken salad. I added my own ranch dressing. It was really good.

Remember my dryer was broken? Well, it is now fixed. I received a window of 11a-2pm. Normally people come at the very start, if not earlier than the time frame. Today, he came at the very end. I was stressing that I was going to be late getting the boy, but all worked out.

Once we got home, I started reading more of my ABC book. Since I didn't cook today, I had leftover pesto pasta and leftover GF pasta with tomato sauce from the other day as well. There wasn't a lot of each item, but it was a perfect amount for dinner.

Aside from iced tea, that is all I had for today. I cannot believe it has been 2 months that I have been diet coke free. How long have you be able to stay off of diet coke? Have you been able to stick with it? It's hard, huh? It is worth it. We are worth it. Stick with it!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment