Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 67...Crazy Day

You know those days when you are expecting to be home alone to do your thing and your spouse is unexpectedly home? Ya, it was one of those days. 

I was able to find some errands to run because I never realized how loud I am in my house when I am all alone. Well, not really alone, I have 6 animals and talk to them all. Brian needed to make calls so I needed to make myself scarce for both of our sanity. 

I woke up this morning with a little more skip in my step then I have had lately. I downed 2 cups of coffee while getting my kids packed, fed and off to school. 

This is all that I packed for Mackenzie.


Mackenzie is at school for a long time each day so I pack her tons of food. Today she for a GF turkey sandwich, Greek salad, GF granola bar, pirates booty (gf), P3 (protein snack), nectarine, 2 mandarin oranges, and an applesauce. 

She's a bit burned out on the Greek salad so that came back home. Still, she eats pretty good. She also had a protein shake in the morning on her way to school. 

Mikey, on the other hand, eats nothing. Tonight while I was about to put dinner away, he started making himself a plate. I think I approached him too quickly because, like a scared animal, he backed away and didn't eat it. Who is this kid and what has he done with my son?  He picks at food here and there but I have yet to get him to sit down and eat a proper meal. I will continue to work at it. At least I did get him to take vitamins. I also got him an "ensure" like shake with extra protein that he will drink. 

For lunch, I made myself a sandwich. I hadn't eaten all day and it was 3:30pm when I made it. I also snacked on some Kellogg's popcorn chips and Fritos. 

As for dinner, I BBQ'd up some seasoned  chicken to make soft tacos with corn tortillas, cheese, red onions and sour cream. It was simple and good. I was lazy and didn't have any desire to cook, so that was as good as it got.  Brian wasn't complaining. He scarfed it down. 

While I was cooking dinner, I had 2 Mike's Hard Pink Lemonade. I know that is not a good choice but I had an emotional day and I just wanted to have a nice cold drink, I wanted a beer but went for this instead. Both are bad, but this one seemed lesser of the two evils. 

It was Cold. Hard. & Refreshing. 

That's all for today. Not much to report. Now, I need to start finishing up my Stage 6 portion of my ABC book. Gonna go out soon with my mentor to work with real dogs in need. Not just what I'm reading in my book. Hands on. Can't wait. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment