Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 57...Bachelor in Herpedise

This is delayed, but I will make it quick since I will post another one for Day 58 tonight. I got home late from my friend Allison's house and was too tired to write about all of my shortcomings for the day.

The day started out pretty good, I guess,  coffee and more coffee. So much coffee was needed because I needed to figure out my menu for the week. It was Monday and Monday is groceries, chopping and organizing. Bleh! It was nice to get some groceries in the fridge since it was pretty empty, I didn't shop last week.

Mackenzie came home between working at SoCal Physical Therapy and going to school to help the football boys and was starving. Since I hadn't made to the store yet, we went to Matsu in Castaic to have some Sushi.  That is where the downslide began.

I had the intent of eating as good as I could but it didn't end up that way. Yikes! I ordered their 911 roll and a dynamite dish. Mackenzie and I split their double mexican roll and Mackenzie ordered their lunch box with tempura and California rolls. Technically, I wasn't that bad, but the soy sauce is not GF (I have GF soy sauce at home).

Here are the pics of the rolls and creeper, Mackenzie.

911 Roll
Double Mexican Roll sans crunch.


Dynamite...not good, it was gross. 

We both drank iced tea. It was good, but not worth the guilt I feel for eating semi-bad.

After lunch I was able to get my tush to the grocery store with my huge list. I have to say that when you are eating good, you really only shop the perimeter of the store, so it goes pretty fast. Once all was said and done, I only forgot the lemons (there were out), spinach and kale. I tried to be tricky and not use my phone for the produce section, I guess, and forgot 2 important items for my upcoming recipes. Ugh!

Normally, I would have chopped up all of my veggies once I got home, but since I was going out, I had other things to do, like make my grandpa's famous cabbage salad. I proceeded to chop up celery, green apples, mozzarella and added tomatoes, black olives and shredded carrots to a pre bagged coleslaw mixture. Once all was chopped up and added, I made homemade italian dressing and poured it all into the bowl and added oregano, salt and pepper to taste. It was a winner, but my olive oil was a bit overpowering, so next time, I need to use a lighter olive oil. The salad can sit so I made it in advance.
Grandpa's Cabbage Salad.

I knew I needed to feed my kidlings, so I started sautéing up some onions and mushrooms in my iron skillet. Put a pot on the stove to boil water and made GF pasta for the kids. This is a dish that my husband doesn't like, he doesn't like red sauce, so I like to make it when he isn't gonna be home for dinner.

Sautéed onions, mushrooms w/ garlic
Finished product with mozzarella mixed in with the GF sauce.




Doesn't seem that bad, right? Not too bad, until I entered Allison's house. Her house is beautiful and it was a potluck type extravaganza while we watched Bachelor in Paradise. I brought my salad, Allison made some lasagna, there was olive dip  & baguettes, queso and corn chips, apple cider alcholic drinks (I had 3), bell peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon (I think YES!). I enjoyed all of the above. In addition to a yummy fruit cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I pigged out but really enjoyed myself and the company. It is not like me to go out on a weeknight, but I'm so happy that I did. Watching and mocking Bachelor in Paradise was a really fun thing to do. Now, we wait to read Jen Frase's blog. She is so fricken funny!

I hope you ate better than I did yesterday! I am trying to make today a better day. 

Until tonight,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment