Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 68...No Cooking!

Nope, I didn't do it! I didn't cook today. It is Friday, after all. I made Mackenzie her normal breakfast and lunch and poured myself a cup of coffee. It was nice and warm on my throat. I wasn't feeling great today. I think my cold is going toward my head. You know when you aren't feeling well and a warm drink helps clear you up? It was that type of morning.

Mackenzie left for school, then an hour later, I dropped Mikey off. I went back home and started doing laundry. Ugh! It breeds, I tell ya! The laundry breeds. I don't like doing it, but I sure do like it when it is all clean and put away.

No breakfast for me, just coffee. The day flew by and it was time to pick up Mikey. I picked him up in the Carl's Jr. parking lot by his school, so I went through the drive thru and got an iced tea and some sweet potato fries. I was starving. They were good, but not really worth the guilt.

When we got home, I realized that I was still hungry so I pulled out some chips and salsa. I later realized that they were seasoned with soy sauce which means that it included wheat. Ugh! I think I am starting to realize when I eat wheat. I feel a subtle stomach pain. I've noticed it because I feel that twinge of pain when I've had beer...a couple hours later. I don't think I have a gluten allergy, but I feel like I have a resistance to it. So much processing in our food has brought it away from the clean wheat it used to be, in my opinion.

Tonight was the Luau at Valencia High School. As a freshman, this was my son's first dance. I am glad he went. He is still there as I type this. It ends about 11pm. As a senior, Mackenzie is over the dances. She doesn't go to them at all any more, but then again, she is rarely home when they start. She is normally still at school with sports med until 7:30pm-8pm.

Behram, Jesse & Mikey at the VHS Luau
For dinner, I met Brian and Chris at Las Rocas for our second time this week. I had 2 coors lights and  2 crispy shredded beef tacos with rice and beans. I also munched on some chips and guacamole. It was a nice night with the boys. They are funny together. The Raiders played Green Bay in a preseason game and Chris is a huge Raiders fan, so, of course, Brian had to bet him. It got ugly.

That's all for today. Not a whole lot to report, but I'm glad I reported it anyway. I hope you had a great day. I still have some more reading to do with my ABC stage 6, it is good stuff. All very relevant to what I am doing right now with my pups. Bucky sure is a handful but I love him!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment