Saturday, September 6, 2014

Days 81, 82, 83...Friday Night Lights Are Back

Such a crazy couple of days. I am realizing that with the kids back in school that it is harder for me to write my blog every night. That shouldn't be the case, since they aren't here, but by the time the evening comes around, I am zonked. Early mornings, equal a tired Angela.

Let me recap the last few days. I will forewarn you, it wasn't great!

Day 81...Errands
Coffee in the morning while I was getting the kids set up for school. I also had a shakeology to calm my starving stomach. It really helped. I had the dogs groomed by my favorite mobile dog groomers, Canine Kisses. Tommy is now super pretty and shaved and she doesn't stink. Yahoo! She spends a great deal of time in the pool, so she tends to stink since she doesn't dry all the way very often. It's great that she doesn't stink right now. Spencer got a nice bath and vacuum. They said they had about 12 lbs of his fur in their trash. Of course, they were kidding, but he looked homeless before and looks handsome and skinnier now, so it worked.

GF sandwiches
Lunch was 2 GF sandwiches with turkey, cheddar, cucumbers, olive oil mayo, mustard and avocado. Don't they look good? Mikey had a minimum day, but went out to eat with his friends. He had an orthodontist appoint but we had a little bit after I picked him up, so we went to Dick's Sporting Goods to get him some running shoes that he will use to train and workout. I am excited that he is committed to working out. Since we started our change in diet in the house, he is now down 30 lbs. He is taller and slimmer, and I know he feels great.

We went to the orthodontist and are going to be speeding up the process to get his braces off. It is going to be a sore couple of months for him, but soon, it will be totally worth it. I am thankful for Dr. Mulcahey, she is awesome!

For dinner, I made chicken with chopped up zucchini/onion on the bottom of the pan. I added bacon grease to help sauté them as they cook under the chicken. I added italian dressing seasoning to the chicken as well. Cooked for 35 mins at 350. While the chicken and veggies were cooking, started some rice in the rice cooker. After the chicken was cooked, I took them out and put the veggies back in for another 20 mins at 450 to really cook up the veggies. 
Chicken, veggies and rice

Day 82...Go VHS Football
My day started with coffee and iced tea. I had to go to an early PT session, so I needed something cold to drink while I was there. Of course, water wasn't my choice because I still needed caffeine. :) After PT, I was lucky enough to meet and spend time with my friends, Kim & Lisa for an early lunch at Eggs n Things in Valencia. 

After lunch, I headed out to find some treasures for my friend Ada and her son Matt. It was Matt's birthday and Ada is such a kind soul that made me a "sports med" football jersey to match the VHS "football fan" jerseys. I wanted to give her a thank you gift. I found a Brighton bracelet that was perfect. Once all was purchased, I got myself home for another shower for the day in order to get ready to go out for happy hour and then the VHS football game with my friend, Rachel. 


Rachel and I headed off to Las Rocas in Castaic for happy hour. It was yummy and was even better because it is so close to home. I had 2 beers and we split their shredded beef nachos and a chicken quesadilla (Rachel didn't eat any of the quesadilla, so it was all me...I'm a piglet). During the course of the night, we had some more margaritas. It was a fun night and Valencia beat Palmdale, 44-21. It was an exciting game and birthday boy, Mathew Pham, scored a touchdown. What an exciting game!

Some of the moms of Friday Night Lights! Go VHS!
Day 83...Fight On, USC!
Being that I was up very late last night and it was Saturday, I slept in. It was nice. I woke up in time to get myself ready and headed off to Big Wangs with my honey to see the USC vs. Stanford game. Big Wangs is a great place to go because an USC Alumni chapter meets there as well, so needless to say, it was very much all about USC.

805 & the USC game at Big Wangs

Brian and I sat at the bar and had 805 (beer). I had 2 of them for the entire time that we were there. I switched to iced tea during the game. I didn't need any more, especially since I was ordering bar food. Yes, I was. I ordered their tater tot nachos. They were so good, but so not good for me. Brian and I shared it and it was spicy. Brian then ordered some chicken wings. We shared those too. Later, I ordered a wangzookie, just like a pazookie from BJ's, but it was at Big Wangs. If you aren't familiar, it is a cookie baked in an iron skillet with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I ate this by myself. Brian didn't want any. He doesn't like to mix beer and sweets, but I was over the beer and was craving something sweet. Not some of my better choices today, but that was all I ate today aside from the 4 GF chocolate chip cookies I just ate while writing this blog. 

Once USC beat Stanford 13-10, we came home and I took a nap. It was a great, lazy day. Once I woke up, I started cleaning downstairs. The kitchen needed help and so did Keith's tank. Now all is good, it is 10pm, and I am going to veg out some more and hit the hay soon. Tomorrow, Mackenzie and I will be going to Renee Bowen to select her senior portraits from her senior model photo shoot that she took back in June. Then, of course, it is SUNDAY FUNDAY with the NFL. Let the games begin. Go Giants!

Until tomorrow,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment