Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 86...Last Minute Creativity

Today was the day that I got to see my friend, Tina. I've missed her and I am always so happy to spend time catching up and giggling. She is such a great friend to me.  I got the kids off to school and drank a cup of coffee knowing that I was meeting Tina for breakfast. 

After getting ready for the day, I got myself over to Telly's to enjoy breakfast with my friend.  I was tempted to eat poorly, but I didn't. I ordered their California omelet with potatoes o'brein and sourdough toast. I ended up not eating the toast.  Yay! I was good. The potatoes were made with peppers and onions. I enjoyed them. 

Once we were done visiting, we parted ways and I went to Castaic Nails to get my nails done. :) Since I pulled my acrylics off last night, I really needed to get them back on. This time I asked them to paint them with gel polish. It came out very cute. I really like Castaic Nails. They are family owned and are always so kind to me. I like to give back to them, so I do their website and have been working on a new price list poster to be framed for their salon. 

Nails in VHS colors

After my nails were done, I went to the Dollar Tree and dilly dallied there. I love that store, especially when I don't have a ton of money to spend and I want to "shop." Once I was done there, I went to LA Fitness and signed my registration paperwork. I am glad that is all done. Smart & Final is next door, so that was a must. :)

I grabbed some iced tea from Carl's Jr. and picked up Mikey from school. Once, we got home, I started studying for my Stage 8 ABC test. While I was reading, I had some corn chips and tomatillo/avocado salsa. I took the test and started dinner. 

I have been wanting to make my enchilada casserole, but Mikey has been trying to steer me away from that dish. He doesn't like soggy tortillas. I decided to make the same type of dish, but with rice instead of tortillas. I bought shredded chicken from the deli at the store on Sunday and some enchilada green sauce. I made a pot of rice and put the cooked rice on the bottom of my baking dish and started layering with green sauce, shredded chicken, black beans and fiesta cheese. Once all of the ingredients were added, I put it in the oven at 350 for 30 mins. 


Enchilada casserole with rice. It looks like a chocolate chip cookie cake to me.

I knew that the dish needed some spunking up, so I added sour cream, tomatoes, avocado and hot sauce.


Final product with yummy garnishes. 

That's all for today! Not a ton of food, but I am stuffed. The rice was a huge filler, I think. I hope you had a great day. Days like today I am extremely thankful for good friends. I am blessed with so many friends that mean a great deal to me. Thank you to all of you that have touched my life. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment