Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 80...Happy Anniversary To My Honey!

I cannot believe that it has been 19 years since I said, "I do" to the love of my life. I am a very lucky girl! Brian has been the best husband and father that I could have ever asked for. He is a keeper, forever and ever!

Our engagement picture, look how young we were! 

The start of the day was a little rough because I was tired. Well, yes, I am always tired, but this morning was worse.  I was up all night with my Bucky while I tried to be consistent and by keeping him crated for the night. He is not a sweet boy when he is sleepy and he tends to growl at Spencer, so this is our best solution. He likes his crate, normally, but at night, he wants to be with his mama! Baby steps and consistency will overcome. Anyway, I was up sitting by his crate since my presence made him happier, without whining, until he fell asleep. I am hopeful that he will fall asleep faster tonight. Wish me luck!

I got Mackenzie's lunch and smoothie together and made a smoothie for myself. I did not make coffee since I was hoping to go back to sleep once the kids were off to school. After everyone was gone, I did just that. I went back to sleep to catch up on some zzzz's. It was nice and boy did I zonk out.

After I slept a bit, I got myself ready and had some coffee. For lunch, I made myself some GF turkey sandwiches with mild cheddar cheese and cucumbers. That was all I ate until I met Brian at Sushi One in Valencia for our anniversary dinner.

Mikey had a minimum day but wanted to go out to lunch with his friends, so I didn't pick him up until 2pm. I am thankful for his good friends. It is so hard for me to let go and allow him to do things that are different from anything Mackenzie ever wanted to do, but I have to. He has to grow and until he does something to prove me different, I have to trust him. Today, he walked all the way from VHS to Fab Dogs. That is a bit of a walk, but he was happy. He even ran into an old neighbor of ours that he hasn't seen since he was about 2 years old. Brad remembered Mikey and said, "Hi" to him. It was great because it was a way to tell Mikey that I have eyes everywhere! The timing couldn't have been better.

I ran a couple of errands with Mikey and then dropped him off at home so that I could go to PT. It has been about 2 weeks since I've been there and boy did I need it. I have been in a tremendous amount of pain and even though it hurts when I am there, I know that it will eventually get better. Today was a special treat because Mackenzie was working when I was there too. It was fun for me to see her do her thang.

After PT, I met my honey at Sushi One in Valencia. We had never been there before, but we were glad we went. It was very tasty and was not horribly expensive either. Service was good and fast. I will be back. We had some appetizers and 2 rolls each. Not the healthiest, but hey, it is my anniversary! What will I say tomorrow about my bad eating? Wait and see...or I will just eat good. Time will tell.

Of course my honey wouldn't let me get him anything for our anniversary. He never wants anything, just a card. However, he did get me a sweet gift. It was a ring that I really liked. He thinks he got off easy, I was very thankful.

Isn't it pretty? I love it!

Did you ever see that news segment about the woman that plastic surgery on her hands because she didn't like the way her engagement ring looked on her finger? Wow. I don't think my fingers are amazing, they are chubby and wrinkly, but I like my ring, so who cares! 

That is all for today! I hope you all had a great day! Did you try any new recipes? Have you started doing something for the health of you and your family? Please share with me. I want to hear it!

Until tomorrow,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment