Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 93...DMV Day

If you are my friend on Facebook, you know that I had to go to the DMV today. Instead of going to my local DMV, Newhall, I drove to Simi Valley. I made an appointment and flew in and out of there in 20 mins. Done! I love that place and it was totally worth the drive.

Coffee and morning routine was in full effect today. Lunch and smoothie for Mackenzie and a smoothie for Mikey. Kids were off to school and I needed to get ready for my day and had to beautify myself for my DMV picture.

My driver license picture when I was pregnant with Mikey, 15 years ago. 
Once I was ready to leave for the day, I grabbed some dehydrated mangos and some freeze dried apples with some iced tea and headed out for my trip to Simi Valley. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but I rarely leave the bubble of SCV during the week. 

After my appointment, I found myself with so many stores that I could go to. I decided to go to Ross in Simi Valley.  Would be nice to see what is at the other Ross' stores. I frequent the local stores in SCV. I was able to find some work out clothes in Simi Valley. Yay!

Once I got back into SCV, I went to El Pollo Loco and got an Ultimate Double Chicken Salad, one for me and one for Mikey. I love their cilantro dressing. I know it isn't the best dressing, but it is SOOOOOO good. I love it and their avocado salsa. Their chips and guacamole are good, I ordered those too.  I sat down and ate my salad with enough time to get myself back in the car to pick up Mikey. 

After pick up, I took Mikey to SuperCuts (aka Super Sucks...ala Mikey). He needed his curly thick  locks cut. It looked like he had small animals under his chair, he has so much hair. But, now he is even more handsome now that he is no longer shaggy. 

Dinner tonight was a bit of a struggle. I had no interest in cooking. It has been so hot and I didn't plan dinner in a way that would prevent me from sweating while cooking. But, I figured it out. I baked some pork chops in a BBQ rub, made a salad and microwaved some baked potatoes. The pork chops were thin, so they didn't cook long and it was at 350, so it wasn't hot for too long. The potatoes and salad weren't an issue. 

For me, I didn't eat the pork chops. I just had a plate of salad with a baked potato. I added ranch to my salad and butter and cheese to my potato.  

My dinner of salad and baked potatoes


That's all I've had today. Uh, except for my 2 Angry Orchard Crisp Apple hard ciders. I really enjoy the hard ciders. I love apple flavored drinks. When I was a kid, I loved a drink called Aspen. It tasted just like this sans the alcohol. I hope you had a great day! Stay out of the heat and try to keep cool.

Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment