Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 99...Blog Free Weekend

Ok, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss you over the weekend. I did! I missed you. I didn't miss telling you about all of the bad things that I ate, but I missed you nonetheless.

The weekend was about football, football, football. It's football season, so that's all I do. Friday night, I watch Valencia High School play, in addition to watching my girl help the boys on the side lines with Sports Med. Saturday, I watch USC (they didn't play this weekend) and Sunday it is all about my fantasy team and football pool. I was 2-0, but this weekend killed me. My team sucked it up and all of my benched players kicked butt. Isn't that how it goes? 

I've learned that Monday morning lunches are a bit harder to make than Tuesday. The difference is that it is slim pickin's in the food department, so Mackenzie gets what I can scrounge up. Today was veggies, fruits, protein bar, GF peanut butter/Jelly sandwich. I was running around today, so I wasn't able to do a big shopping spree, but I did get some foods for lunch tomorrow. I may not even need it though, it is my baby girl's 17th birthday, so I will be bringing her lunch along with Edible Arrangements that she will share with Sports Med. 

Coffee today was pumpkin spice coffee with almond milk and some sweetener. I realized that it wasn't stevia sweetener and that made me sad. But, the coffee tasted so good. I love the feeling that pumpkin coffee brings to me. (#basic) Reminds me of when I used to push the kids on their swings outside while the leaves blew in the breeze and I could actually smell that fall was on its way. Today is the last day of summer and I am afraid that we will wake up tomorrow without any changes in our weather. I used to say that summer was my favorite season, but for a while now, it has been fall. 

For lunch, I met my friend, Lisa, at Telly's and we went to hell with ourselves. She has been sad because her son left for college and I've had the health of a friend on my mind, so we both drowned our sorrows in burgers and fries/onion rings with ranch. But, we didn't stop there, nope, for dessert, (because you know dessert is a must with lunch Ha!). She had a chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and I had pumpkin cheesecake.  It was heavenly. You will see that I like to overdo it with the pumpkin in the fall. 

After we finished our visit, I made my way over to my friend's house to give her some love. My goal is to keep her supplied with bone soup to help nourish her while she battles her illness. Today, I grabbed the "soup" container that we are exchanging and will refill it tomorrow. I am excited to make this soup for her. I bought a pressure cooker to help me make these soups even quicker so that her supply never diminishes. This soup helps me to feel like I am doing something for her. I am thankful that she is allowing me to do it.  



Tonight, I cooked a whole chicken in the pressure cooker (25 mins) and then roasted it in the oven to brown the skin. I am boning the chicken and will be making another batch of bone soup with the chicken bones and additional fresh veggies to help season the broth. 

Dinner was chicken with roasted potatoes, onions & carrots. I added a little bit of sour cream to my veggies. It was tasty. That is all for today. Thank you for reading! Love the people in your life and think about ways that you can make their lives more enriched because you were there for them.


Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment