Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 94 & 95...Thursday Night Beatdown (aka TNF)

Day 94

Last night I totally passed out and forgot to write my blog. Once I went upstairs and got my jammies on, I knew it was doomed. I contemplated not writing anything about the day, but here it goes...

I woke up, yada yada yada, expect for the fact that Mackenzie skipped her first class and drove Mikey to school for 2nd period. It was a nice morning break, expect Tommy wasn't too pleased. She loves her car rides. I was supposed to meet my friend, Tina, at LA Fitness to take a yoga class, but my belly was bugging me, so I skipped it. I have yet to step foot into the gym. I want to go, but my plantar fasciitis is so bad that I feel I may make it worse for myself. Just doing groceries kills my feet for the day. I will continue PT and hope that I can take baby steps for the gym.

After the kids were off, I made myself a cup of coffee and 2 eggs over GF brown rice toast with butter and cottage cheese. It was really good and filling and it made me happy.


Breakfast of yesterday and today!
Aside from dehydrated mangos, that was all I had for the day. For dinner, I was smart enough to have planned ahead and purchased a Chinese chicken salad kit from smart & final. They used to or still do sell it at CostCo, but now that they sell it at Smart & Final, I am super happy. All you do is add romaine lettuce or wherever lettuce you want to add. It is cool and refreshing for the hot days that we have had upon us.

Chinese Chicken Salad kit. YUMMY!
2 hard ciders later and I was out for the night!

Day 95
You know those people in your life that you say, "Hello" to when you see them, but don't know very much about them? I have a friend like that in Tammie. The difference is that we are becoming better friends, because we seem to have a great deal in common and think that we can be supportive of each other. I like that! My blog has helped this friendship too. She has been reading it, so we would talk about it when we ran into each other. Those conversations went deeper and we are now becoming friends. I am very thankful for this friendship. We all have so many challenges in our lives and we feel like we are alone at times. You never know who will walk into your life and see  you where you are at and be able to help you through it with support and friendship. 

Today, Tammie and I went to have lunch at Sushi One in Valencia. I really like this sushi place. Today we tried different rolls and shared it all. Great food and wonderful conversation makes for a perfect lunch. A little something special that the restaurant does is give you a scoop of ice cream with the check. You know how some places give you oranges? This place gives you ice cream. Uh, yum!!!

Scoop of ice cream. It was so little and perfect.

For breakfast, I had my coffee and my egg/GF toast with cottage cheese. I didn't eat anything after lunch. For dinner, I ate the chicken crockpot dish that I threw together earlier in the day. It wasn't very good. The carrots and the potatoes didn't cook all the way. At least the chicken was cooked. A bit of a disappointment, really. I added some butter and sour cream and choked it down. 

That's all for my consumption today. One thing that I feel is important is that you tell your friends that they matter to you, always. If it comes to your mind, say it. You never know what they are going through in their private lives. Validating their importance to you may just be the dose of love they need to keep their days happy. It seems that the people that are the most helpful to others are the ones that won't ask for help for themselves. For those of you that are my friends, reading this blog, please know that I treasure you! 


Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment