Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 79...I'm Back!

Today was a good day back on the bandwagon. Mikey and I decided that we were going to have a shakeology shake each day. He hasn't been eating a ton of food lately, especially during the week, so I thought that the shakeology shake would be a great way to get some extra vitamins into him.

I got myself out of bed after the 3 day weekend and poured myself some coffee to drink while I was making Mackenzie's lunch and breakfast. It was slim pickins for lunch for her, but I was able to scrounge together enough to fill up her very large lunch bag and make her a shakeology. I finished my coffee and had a shakeology chocolate shake. It was pretty good. I ordered a sample of some other flavors.

Laundry and some slow moving and I was finally ready to go to the store. Today, I decided to go to Wal-Mart because I needed to get some cleaning supplies and toilet paper. TMI? Lucky for me, I ran into Tammie and was able to talk to a very sweet woman that made my day. Love you, Tammie! You and I are more alike than I ever thought possible.

After a nice, in the middle of the store, visit with Tammie, I got back to filling my cart. Lots and lots of fruits and veggies as well as dairy and nuts. They have many GF options at Wal-Mart. I know I've said that before, but it needs repeating. I am always very happy to see all of their choices. They have choices in their little "Gluten Free" area, but it is also spread throughout the store. Makes me happy.

After all was purchased at Wal-Mart, I was off to pick up Mikey from school. Once we got home and I got everything unloaded and the fridge cleaned out, it was time to start dinner. I browned up some beef and added GF taco seasoning. I didn't have any corn tortillas, so I made a cabbage salad from the BBQ ranch mix that I bought from Wal-Mart. I served the taco meat on top of the cabbage with black beans and some shredded cheese. Mikey seemed to like it and I did too.

Once dinner was done, I was got myself situated to chop up all of the veggies. I chopped carrots, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, green/sweet/red onions, many cucumbers, cilantro & mushrooms.  All in separate containers and now all are ready to be consumed and cooked. I find that my food is much more flavorful when I have so many veggies to choose from to add to my dinner concoctions. Have you tried doing this yet? Try it! You will like the benefits so much that you will do it every week like I do.

Veggies were chopped up, dinner was made, now it was time for me to read my ABC Stage 7 book. I finished reading it and took my test for the week. Another test next Wednesday for Stage 8. I am getting close to being hands on with my dog training curriculum. I can't wait to have Spencer join me at the classes. I will also be going to Best Friends Rescue to help them while fulfilling my volunteer hours.

In addition to dinner today, I had 2 GF Udi's chocolate chip cookies, some tortilla chips and salsa and some shredded turkey and mild cheddar cheese wrapped together for a little snack.

Studying with my Udi's GF Chocolate Chip Cookies, YUM!
That's all for today! It was nice to take a little break from my blog during Labor Day weekend, but now I am back and excited to get close to being 80 days writing this blog. It is coming quick.  Even though I have had some GF slip ups and some bad eating at times, I am still diet coke FREE! That makes me proud!

Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment