Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 102...I Love My Pressure Cooker!

Since I took a long nap yesterday, I didn't get to sleep until around 1:30am. Duh! At least I was able to catch up on my shows. I'm all caught up now, except for Utopia. I have to catch up on that one, but tonight is Thursday Night Football and my Giants are playing, so it will have to wait.

Before I went to bed last night, my throat was killing me. Ugh! I don't want to get sick. Today, I got the kids out the door, grabbed a cup of coffee and came back to go to sleep. I was zonked. I also made the mistake of going to Jimmy Dean's in Castaic to get a breakfast burrito. Not gluten-free or all that healthy, but my sick self was craving comfort food and unfortunately, bad food still comforts me. 

It was a minimum day for VHS today, so I got myself ready to pick Mikey up.  Normally he stays longer and goes out to lunch with his friends, but today, he wanted to come home instead. He was hungry and thirsty, and had some drive-thru requests. Since I was still in a comfort food mind set, I obliged. We went to Starbucks for Mikey to get a pumpkin spice latte frap (he's so basic) #PSL.  I got a passion fruit iced tea, unsweetened.  

For food, he wanted Jimmy Dean's and unfortunately, the lady that served me in the morning was still serving when I arrived with Mikey. Oh my! Yes, it is me again,  Piggy girl! 

Mikey and I both ordered their turkey club sandwiches with fries and ranch dressing. That was around 12:30pm today. 

For dinner, I made carnitas in the pressure cooker. It was very easy. I poured some chicken broth into the bottom of the pressure cooker pot, added a trivet, put in the pork, salt, pepper, italian season herbs and an orange (I saw a recipe that used an orange, so I thought I would try it too). It cooked for 1 hour in the pressure cooker and then I put it in the iron skillet to crisp up any fat that was still hanging on. I may have over cooked it in the skillet, but that is something I can work on. I made a pot of refried beans by opening a can and adding fat free milk and some taco seasoned cheese. When I prepared the plates, I heated up some corn tortillas, put some beans, carnitas, cilantro, red onions and a dollop of sour cream on each plate (x3). I have to say that the tortillas were a bit too dry, but other than that the food was good. 

Carnitas tacos aka my street tacos
That's all for today. I will be going to bed early tonight in hopes that I can get myself right before Friday Night Lights in Santa Monica with Rachel, watching the VHS team along with my girl on the sidelines with Sports Med. 

Until Monday,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment