Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tomorrow is a New Day!

Yesterday, I was at the bookstore looking for a book on the Paleo diet since I've heard so many good things about it. There were many books on the topic, but this one caught my eye:


Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle by Diane Sanfilippo 



This book really broke down the reasons why changing our diet will be helpful to me and my family. Why our current food choices are hurting our health and how we can reverse it all with this diet. I couldn't get enough information, I was thrilled to see a book that addressed my health issues (thyroid and fibromyalgia). Needless to say, I am very excited to get started. 

I'm Angela and tomorrow my family and I will adjust our diets with the Paleo/Gluten-Free mindset! This means that we will be eating foods in as close to their natural state as possible. The reason that I say Paleo/Gluten-Free, is because I plan on adding some grains that are gluten-free, but not exactly Paleo (no grains) as I will be adding brown-rice and gluten-free oats. 

Today, I went through our pantry and refrigerator to get rid of and/or box up all of the foods that we won't be eating in this new way of eating. I put the non-perishable items in a box for an emergency (I live in earthquake country).  Tomorrow, I will be heading off to Whole Foods to fill my fridge and Pantry with all of the foods that we can eat. This food will fill us up and heal us. I am very excited to get on the road to health and happiness (because I am healthy).

I'll be back tomorrow to let you know about my successful shopping adventure.

Until tomorrow,
Angela

4 comments: