Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 4...Chia Seeds

As I stated yesterday, Mikey had 2 friends spend the night with the plan to go to the beach today. We all woke up and I made the boys, Mackenzie, and myself smoothies. As per normal operating procedure, I added chia seeds to the smoothies, thought it would be good for the boys to get some good fiber.

My friend, Lisa, arrived and we were off to the beach. Carpinteria was our destination. Whoop-Whoop. Stopped at Subway on our way because Mikey says that his friends won't want "my food." I ordered one of their salads and it was really good. Double chicken. No diet coke for me. I brought my sun tea green tea. I couldn't believe how many times I wanted a diet coke today. It is like a comfort food to me. It is truly an addiction for me.

On the way to the beach, the boys were assaulting our noses with their "chia" toots. Yes, the chia seeds, backfired on me, literally. The windows going up & down during the entire ride to the beach was not very good for the hair!

The day was beautiful at the beach. Good company, great conversation, I love my friend! When we decided to leave, we stopped at Robitaille's Fine Candies like we always do and I was good! I bought a pack of dark chocolate covered espresso beans and as I type this, I still haven't had even one. Yippee for willpower!! To be honest, this blog helped me to make good decisions today. I didn't think anything bad was worth it. To have to tell you that I cheated? Nope! This blog is doing the job! 

Everyone headed home and now it was time for me to start dinner. Oye! I was tired, couldn't someone make it all for me and serve me while I sit on the couch and watch Chopped? I found some motivation and made dinner.  It consisted of Italian Sausage, sautéed orange and red bell peppers/onions, and quinoa/brown rice pasta mixed with homemade pesto. Mackenzie surprised me and made a kale salad. It was great to be in the kitchen with her. She loves all of this yummy, healthy food. The dinner was a hit. Mikey had 2 servings of the pasta/pesto and salad too. 

Doesn't this look yummy! Feeling full and happy!

Why is it when you sit around all day at the beach do you feel tired when you get home? I'm sleepy now! Watching House with my girl and will be hitting the hay soon! 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

1 comment: