Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 15...What a Relaxing Day

This morning I threw a whole chicken in the crockpot with balls of foil on the bottom to lift the chicken from sitting in its own juices while it cooked. It actually crisped the bottom of the chicken. I used a BBQ season rub. Easy peasy!

I had a little bit of coffee and then started my day of chit chatting and chilling with Lisa. We drank iced tea (she's my fellow diet coke free friend) and snacked on some macadamia nuts and rosemary almonds (both from TJ's).

It really seems that when I get together with Lisa we always find a way to R.E.L.A.X.  That's it! That's what we do. That's who we are! We are relaxers that love to chat and chill. Today, we did so in the pool. It was a beautiful day.

After our relaxing was over, I got ready to go to physical therapy and ate some dried mangos and more nuts on the way. I also ate a bar from TJ's that is made of only apples and mango, that's it! It was yummy.

As planned, I went to the grocery store to buy some fruits and veggies. I haven't cut anything up yet, but I did made the Strawberry Jam (2 cups strawberries, 2 TB chia seeds & 4TB agave blended & refrigerated overnight).


                        
                               Strawberries, agave & chia seeds
The pre-chilled finished product of strawberry jam. 

My chicken was done and I bought some pre-made GF beans and rice from the deli and made some gravy with the chicken juices. I don't feel good about what I served, but I got home pretty late and didn't have a bunch of time. I didn't eat the rice and beans, instead, I had cottage cheese with avocado with my chicken and gravy. I wasn't pretty, but it was good and filling.

Crockpot Chicken n Gravy with Avocado and Cottage Cheese

Tomorrow, I plan on cutting up some bell peppers, onions and will try to figure out how to cook lemongrass. I bought some lemongrass. It's totally new to me.  My brother and nephew are coming over for dinner so I will BBQ some steak with yummy potatoes (in foil) and a salad. I'm excited! I love my brother!

Until tomorrow,
Angela


1 comment:

  1. it looks DAMN pretty to me! Let me know how your jam turns out! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete