Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 8...Trader Joe's

Woke up this morning and got on the scale. I was down 2.9 lbs. That made me pretty happy considering the week wasn't looking too good on the scale. My body's adjustment to this way of eating has been slow. Aside from the weight loss, I have noticed that skin seems healthier. Don't know it is because of the great way of eating or the lack of diet coke and more water. Regardless, I'm happy. Good things are happening.

After my excitement from the scale, I came downstairs and had some oatmeal and coffee. It was yummy and I was happy. As I do every day, at this time, I tried to figure out what I was going to make for dinner. I decided on Sole. My plan was to figure out some veggies and sauté it on the griddle.   While I was thinking about dinner, I remembered that I wanted to make my dogs some biscuits. They turned out pretty good. The dogs love them. Good because I was out of anything else to give them for being my sweet babies.

The boys in my family are showing resistance to my new meals, so instead of drawing a line in the sand, I decided to go to Trader Joe's and buy some gluten-free food that they could have while still staying GF, even if it isn't Paleo. So, I bought some gluten-free breads, some frozen GF pizzas and some frozen GF eggplant parmesan and a couple of GF sweets. I made the mistake of having a handful or 2 of some GF corn chips (can you say acid reflux?), but Mikey enjoyed them with some of my chili from last night so that's good.


After putting the groceries away I noticed that I still had a pack of cut up veggies that I bought for juicing. It was a pack from Whole Foods. It had parsley, kale, red cabbage, ginger, orange, apple and I added chia seeds. It was very thick and NASTY! I choked most of it down and had a huge glass of water. I am still burping parsley. Ew!

I named this Green Madness 
Mackenzie was in and out of the house all day and since I was making fish for dinner (she hates fish, except for sushi...go figure), I warmed up the TJ's GF eggplant parmesan with some cottage cheese for her. For the rest of us, I sautéed up the sole with salt and pepper and heated up some TJ's grilled eggplant/zucchini frozen veggies. It was good, but there wasn't much fish to go around so I added cottage cheese to the plate.




I have to say that I felt very guilty about eating those corn chips, even if they were GF. I'm glad it bothered me. Plus, I am not feeling well this evening, so I don't know if it is the Green Madness or the corn chips. I'm gonna go with the corn chips being the culprit.  Bad, Angela, Bad! 

Well, that is all for today. Oh yea, I made Paleo Brownies last night. If you ask me, they turned out yummy. If you ask my kids, they would give you a disgusted face. They aren't fans.


Until tomorrow,
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment