Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 10...Just Say No to Diet Coke.

I woke up this morning with energy and a desire to make a yummy breakfast for the kids. Drank a cup of coffee and got to it. My timing was perfect because when it was all done, Mackenzie walked in the door from summer school at College of the Canyons. I'm glad she was able to get a nice warm breakfast.  Mikey was happy too, but he wasn't too excited about the raw cheese I put on the eggs. He'll learn to like it. 


Scrambled eggs, bacon, cottage cheese and avocado

Today was a pretty boring cooking day. I only prepared and ate 2 meals. Late breakfast and early dinner. Dinner consisted of sautéed chicken to brown and then baked, asparagus sautéed in the chicken browning juices with left over bacon from this morning and mashed potatoes mashed with butter and half & half. The potatoes weren't the best choice, but it made the family very happy. Dessert consisted of leftover chocolate chocolate chip ice cream from yesterday.  :)

Chicken, asparagus and mashed potatoes.

The one thing that I have been really enjoying is my homemade lemonade. Meyer lemons, stevia in the raw and lots of water.  It really helps with the desire to be diet coke free. There is a guy at physical therapy that bet me that I couldn't be diet coke free for 60 days. What? That's it? I can do it without any issues. He, on the other had, is a diet coke addict and won't admit it. :) Being diet coke free for 10 days has really been a huge eye opener on how healthy I can feel. How great my skin is feeling and how happy I am that I am doing good things for my body. Thank you so much for reading. I love writing to you and am always so thankful for your support. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment