Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 3...Feeling Good!

I had a lot of energy today! Woke up, made the girl some breakfast before she left for school (summer school at COC) and then started my day of lots and lots of cooking. It was nice to sit down and eat breakfast with her. We had eggs scrambled eggs with mushrooms, red bell peppers and onions, with cottage cheese and avocado. Coffee was better today, but I only had one cup. I enjoyed it while I went to visit my friend's dogs while she was out of town. I am very easily distracted by dogs, especially these dogs with their "smiles!"

Since I made a roasted chicken last night, I decided to make a chicken/potato soup with the carcass. I let it boil in water until it was reduced a bit and then took all of the bones out of the broth. Chopped up some of the leftover chicken from last night, some fresh onions, potatoes and carrots and let it simmer all day. It was very flavorful since my chicken and all of the au jus from last night had all of that yummy Old Bay Seasoning in it. My boy loved it! He loves soup and this one was healthier for him. Yay!

Homemade Chicken/Potato Soup

Dinner tonight was baked pork chops with fresh sliced apples baked on top AND sautéed zucchini with red onions in bacon fat. Yes, bacon fat!! I was reading that it is a great use of oil. Not as healthy as coconut oil, but I thought it would be a good flavor with the pork chops. It was!

Zucchini and red onions before it was all simmered down in bacon fat to create massive deliciousness.

Now, I have 2 boys coming over for a sleepover with my son. My girlfriend, Lisa,  and I will be taking them to the beach tomorrow, so I am not sure about how much cooking I will get done. But, it will be a fun, relaxing day. I plan on eating well. I'll keep you posted.

Day 3 of no diet coke. I did it! I had green tea, sun tea today. I just read an article on Facebook about a lady that drank 3 liters of water a day and after 1 month looked 10 years younger. She did! She took pictures as the weeks went by. It makes sense that we need that much water/fluid to be hydrated enough to make our bodies healthy. Our organs need water.  Our skin is our biggest organ. Cheers to my green tea! I shall keep drinking it and water and I will feel even better than I do today! Can't wait!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Thumbs UP!!

    If you don't have time to cook, just slap some steak on the grill with wrapped veggies in tinfoil! Wella.... diced bacon on the bottom of the veggies so they don't' burn and it gives them flavor... with spices on top!

    ReplyDelete