Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 2...Cooking, Cooking, Cooking!

I woke up this morning feeling great with a mission to get our house stocked up with food at our fingertips. Eating P/GF is not easy to do if you are not prepared. When food is not at my fingertips, I cheat, that's it, plain and simple.  I'm a cheater, a food cheater! But, that is going to change because it is Never Too Late to Get Healthy! <enter goofy smile!>

After I had my coffee with coconut milk creamer, yes, they have hazelnut flavored coconut milk creamer by Silk. It was fine. I made it work, I am excited about doing well and I am not going to let yucky coffee bring me down. It won't kill me to cut down on my coffee anyway. 

Once the coffee kicked in, I popped some quinoa in the rice cooker, the eggs in the oven (yes, I baked the eggs in their shell...325 for 25 mins) started making breakfast for my babies. Breakfast was made with onions, red pepper, eggs and Old Bays Seasoning scrambled together (I told you about my love affair with this season, right?), bacon, avocado and cottage cheese. Cottage cheese isn't exactly Paleo, but it does great things for me, and my kids eat it so it will continue to be in our fridge as an easy snack and plate filler. :)

Eggs were baked, quinoa was done and all was put away in nice little containers on my fridge shelves.  Now, it is time for me to figure out what I am going to do for dinner tonight so I don't have to get all "Chopped" in the kitchen again tonight.  I had lots of time, so I slow roasted a whole chicken at 250 for 4 hours. It has lots of yummy seasonings for a rub (the Old Bay was getting jealous), I put some butter the skin, chopped up some onions and grabbed some rosemary from my plant to stuff inside the cavity. My house had an amazing smell all day long!

Roasted Sticky Chicken Rotisserie Style

OK, so I have quinoa and a yummy roasted chicken but I feel that I am missing some veggies, so I roasted some eggplant (olive oil, salt pepper and garlic salt 450 for 30 mins).

Roasted eggplant, the finished product.

I saw a heart and "Mac" in the seeds, so I had to share!
Since Brian and Mackenzie are at the Dodger game tonight (I didn't trust myself to eat well yet), Mikey (my boy) and I will enjoy this yummy, healthy dinner and then I will have a glass of red wine! Yup! Red wine is GF and accepted in Paleo by some, so it is accepted by me! Cheers!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

P.S. Day 2 of no diet coke was a success. Sun tea is my new best friend.





1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Keep on keepin on!!!

    If you need fizzy drink try a "Soda Stream" machine... makes selzer and you can add a squirt of lemon, lime, or my fav, pom! It helps with your "soda" needs and cravings!

    ReplyDelete