Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 14...I Love Cobb Salad

Another boring day from a cooking standpoint of the Marler blog. The only thing that I made was breakfast for me and the kids. It was my normal sautéed onions in scrambled eggs with cottage cheese, avocado, tomatoes & bacon leftover from Brian's breakfast. He was up early and made a little breakfast for himself. The kids and I are never awake during that time. The leftovers aren't always appetizing when they've been sitting so long. We like to sleep!

Breakfast ala Marler

For lunch, Mackenzie and I ran some errands and decided that we needed to eat so we went to Rattler's Bar B-Que. We both ordered salads. She ordered a tri-tip grilled salad and I ordered their cobb salad without bleu cheese crumbles. Are you sensing a theme here for my love of cobb salads? I can't get enough of them. I ordered it with ranch dressing. We both had iced teas (still diet coke free) and had a great lunch.  

We got home had some of my homemade vanilla ice cream. It was really good. This was the first time I tasted it and I only did so because Mackenzie was in love with it. She couldn't believe that it was homemade.  After eating our ice cream, we figured we didn't need dinner. 

Mikey came downstairs and said he needed food to survive! LOL! There was food for him. He never wants to go with us or hang out with us, so he doesn't benefit from going out to eat. He is a teenage boy and we must have cooties. His options were leftovers, fruit, veggies, nuts, cereal and eggs. For some reason, when he is hungry he just can't find anything to eat. If it isn't a fresh meal, he starves. Ugh! He will learn to be creative or at least learn to eat leftovers. Geez! 

Brian came home from softball early tonight and ordered some Ameci's. I guess I have a hard time cooking on the weekends. There is some sort of opposition to it. It is wired into me. MUST. NOT. COOK. 

Cobb Salad w/o Bleu Cheese Crumbles. 

For dinner, Brian, ordered GF pizza and an antipasta salad. I ate some of the salad with my homemade italian dressing and called it a day. I'm glad I didn't have any GF pizza. I'm trying to stay away from foods that might give me heartburn. I've been having acid reflux issues and taking meds for it.  I recently found out that I am magnesium and B12 deficient (could be a side effect of the heartburn meds), so I am trying to stay away from heartburn medications and things that might cause me heartburn. I think my homemade lemonade might have been a contributor, but I know there are more trouble makers.

Tomorrow, I need to get to the store to get some fresh veggies to cut up to have for quick snacks. I'm going to make some Strawberry/Chia Refrigerator Jam and will have almond butter at the ready for my boy to think about making a sandwich...of course I still need to get him some sort of bread that he can/will eat. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela


2 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd suggest Vit b12 sublingual vitamins from Tjs. SO great for energy! Also, try Magnesium Citrate vitamins. The citrate part moves the magnesium to work well in your body. This has helped so much with my headaches. All the best to you my friend!! -Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment, Ann! I will look into those vitamins. I just went for a blood draw to see if the vitamins I am taking are working. If they aren't I will definitely get the ones you suggested.

    ReplyDelete