Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 9...I Made Ice Cream

Woke up late today and had some coffee. Pretty boring morning until Mackenzie texted me that she wanted to go to lunch. I did some chores and got myself ready to go to lunch. I was starving while I waited for Mackenzie to be able to meet me, so I ate some dried mango from TJ's. Ingredient: Mango. It was good and filled the need. 

We decided on Panera Bread because I knew we could get fresh salads there. I got a cob salad and didn't eat the bread (of course). I realized that I probably shouldn't have had the bleu cheese crumbles but the dressing was a vinaigrette, so it was fresh and yummy. The drink station was very appropriate for my new ways.

  


   No Diet Coke/Pepsi and 3 types of unsweetened iced tea.


Cobb with Avocado Salad from Panera Bread

After lunch I went over to Pavilions to get some coconut milk and rock salt so that I can make some ice cream since my ice maker arrived in the mail today. After figuring it all out, I was pleased with the outcome. 
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Ingredients:
 2 cans of coconut milk
2 TB of raw honey
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
Mix well and add to ice cream maker.
Dinner was a roasted pork roast (sparkled with salt, pepper, garlic powder & turmeric) with homemade gravy, one bite potatoes (purple and yellow) and a fresh salad with homemade italian dressing. It was really yummy.

Yummy and filling!
I have to say that this way of eating is pretty easy and it really makes me feel good. My body feels good and my heart feels good knowing that I am offering good things to my family. I really appreciate you for taking the time to read this blog too. You keep me motivated and happy to succeed. Thank you! 

Until tomorrow,
Angela




1 comment:

  1. This all looks GREAT! What kind of ice cream maker did you get? I miss it! tho when we want some I can always get "So" brand.... but would love to make my own! (when we get a decent size freezer of course!

    Proud of you babygirl!!! love you! xoxoxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete