Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day 7...Craving Sweets

I was able to sleep in today and just move in slow motion. I like days like that. Brian and Mikey were out the door in the morning to go to Mikey's golf tournament, so it was just me and Mackenzie. I made us some veggies and scrambled eggs with cottage cheese.

Scrambled eggs with lots of veggies and cottage cheese


After breakfast, I started to look for a recipe for something sweet to cook today. Since I bought a Big Boss frozen dessert maker, I thought I could make ice cream. I found a recipe and then learned that the dessert maker was for frozen fruit to make a sorbet of sorts. After making a complete mess, I did made a chocolate/banana (I used the linked recipe, but added frozen bananas for it to go through the machine without dripping) treat. Can't beat something so messy and yummy being good for you. 

I know this looks like a mess, but it was tasty! 

I did find a Paleo recipe for brownies, and I still might make it tonight. I'll post it later, if I do. In the meantime, I made the promised Paleo Crock Pot Chili that I told the boys I would make for them. I made it on the stove, instead of the crock pot but it was still really good. I simmered it for a while throughout the day. Mikey was hoping for some bread or biscuits today to eat with the chili, so I "attempted" a biscuit.

Easy Paleo Biscuits

I made the mistake of smashing the biscuits too thin, so they really didn't turn out the way I expected. They are, however, pretty tasty. They are made with almond flour. Just to help "move" the family a bit more, I reduced the almond flour just a bit and added psyllium husk to complete the amount of flour needed. You can't even taste it! Tee hee!


For dinner, I put a biscuit on the bottom of the bowl and then added my chili and topped it with freshly grated raw cheddar cheese. It sure did have a kick. It was spicy! I liked it, but then again, I am willing to welcome in new flavors during this journey. 


Paleo Crock Pot Chili

I know this new way of eating is a huge transition for my family, but I will keep plugging along and hope that they will soon find dishes that they like and are excited to eat. Mackenzie is pretty easy. Brian is willing to eat good. Mikey? That is where I have my issues. He's a teenage boy, enough said.  He did like the pesto with quinoa/brown-rice pasta, so that is a plus. I am waiting to hear the verdict on the chili. :) Fingers crossed.

While the chili was on the stove, I spent the rest of my day hanging out in my pool listening to the USA vs. Portugal FIFA World Cup game. It was exciting. I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday! 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

P.S. I am still diet coke free! Yay!

P.S.S. All recipes or food eaten will be either Paleo or Gluten-Free. I feel silly noting it for each recipe or food item, so please assume it is unless I say otherwise. :)





2 comments:

  1. I'm SO proud of you!! how are you feeling health wise? and are your clothes fitting differently?? love you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that the responses that I made to you through email didn't go through. I am so sorry! Thank you for all of your comments, Mama! I love you!

    ReplyDelete